• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5NSLI + E8400 C2D problems...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stang8118

Ok well I have just upgraded my system in my sig (top one) to what I listed in the title. Currently when I turn on the computer nothing happens. All the fans turn on, I hear the HD turning on, but I get nothing on my screen. No beeps or anything.

I think the problem is because the BIOS doesn't support the CPU right out of the box, but I was hoping that it would atleast boot up so I can flash it to the newest BIOS that does support the new 45nm CPUs.

I have checked each connection 30 times, and I know all the parts are in working order (well other then the CPU/Mobo/Ram since they are brand new). Would the fact that it doesn't support the CPU cause this problem? Or wouldn't I at least get some beeps or something? Is there a way to blind flash it? Or should I just bring the mobo back and get something that will work right out of the box?

Back