• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have Vista 32bit wanting 64bit??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolverine690

I have a coupld of copies of OEM Vista Home Prem & of course they are the 32bit version disks only & I'd like to get the 64bit ones I vaugely remember reading (I think on this site) about a way to request those & just pay shipping & handling. Does anyone have that link or know wtf I'm talking about?lol

Thanks...

Since your Home Premium versions are both OEM, you'll need to contact the seller for options. You may have to exchange or purchase another license since OEM doesn't have the same options as retail... one of the many reasons OEM costs less than retail. If you had the retail version of Vista, you could order the 64-bit DVD from here...

Windows Vista Alternate Media
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/1033/ordermedia/default.mspx

Since your Home Premium versions are both OEM, you'll need to contact the seller for options. You may have to exchange or purchase another license since OEM doesn't have the same options as retail... one of the many reasons OEM costs less than retail. If you had the retail version of Vista, you could order the 64-bit DVD from here...

Windows Vista Alternate Media
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/1033/ordermedia/default.mspx

Well I got them through the purchase of 2 Windows XP Media Center 2005 things I got 2 copies of vista home premium, actually I guess I am not sure if they are OEM or not.

so anyone get them free vista copies for buy XP Pro or Media center & know if you can get the 64bit versions or not for a small fee?

I've the same question, I got the free VISTA 32 bit business Edition, Through the Together Programme, and We could upgrade too 64 for a small fee, S & H?,, anyone still got the link, it still a *alive* deal?
LD

I've the same question, I got the free VISTA 32 bit business Edition, Through the Together Programme, and We could upgrade too 64 for a small fee, S & H?,, anyone still got the link, it still a *alive* deal?
LD

Yeha I contacted the builder of my laptop & they are still no help, and MS has yet to reply as well.... I so want 64bit disks :(:bang head

/bump

I'm still needing to find the link or whatever for this... I'm almost positive someone had posted a link to do this & I just can't find the darn thing.

thanks...

/bump

I'm still needing to find the link or whatever for this... I'm almost positive someone had posted a link to do this & I just can't find the darn thing.

thanks...

That was me, and I'll try and dig it up for you. I did it for a full retail version. You have to enter in your serial number to get the media, so if it isn't allowed for OEM, you'll know before you have to spend the $10 for it.

Edit: Here you go http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=498322

That was me, and I'll try and dig it up for you. I did it for a full retail version. You have to enter in your serial number to get the media, so if it isn't allowed for OEM, you'll know before you have to spend the $10 for it.

Edit: Here you go http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=498322

thanks a bunch...I am going to give it a try now, hope it works b/c I think it's BS I'd hve to spend full price to get 64 bit versions.

ggrrr didn't work... :(

Stupid MS... :bang head

Did it say your version was able to get the 64bit disk? I'm sorry, it was my understanding that upgrade codes worked for 32bit as well as 64bit media.

Maybe somebody with more experience could chime in.

I'd hate to tell you to borrow a friends media if it isn't going to work :(.

Did it say your version was able to get the 64bit disk? I'm sorry, it was my understanding that upgrade codes worked for 32bit as well as 64bit media.

you should be able to do all versions, but with the exception of starter IIRC

I tried my CD key from my laptop & it did not work, I have not tried the ones that I got free with my XP copies I ordered last year I will try those when I get home as I don't have those CD keys with me.

And yeah I think I should be able to get 64bit version for my laptop from this as it is a legit copy & all that, reguardless if it is OEM or whatever.

The question that comes to my mind is whether a 32bit OEM key will activate a 64bit version or not.

Back