• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

uhg~ cruncher problem help plz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tricknasty

one of my laptops is a T7200 named laoming. anyways it stopped getting work and said it reached the daily quota 2 results. On the results website the tasks say "redundant result", " Cancelled by server".
This laptop has been rockin out for awhile so whats the deal? its not overclocked and nothing is wrong with the laptop.

heres a list of my computers
http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/hosts_user.php?userid=8706118&show_all=1&sort=rpc_time
what can i do to get it crunching again ?

That really is weird. I think I know whats happened though.

SETI has recalled a lot of work as its redundant (obviously, from the message), but because the WU have been cancelled, SETI thinks that theres a problem and youre not returning your results. This would cause your daily quota to drop significantly, even to 1. The plus side is, once youve crunched that 1 WU per core, the quota should raise itself substantially... though, having a look it doesnt seem to be the case.

I would try a project reset, and as an extreme case and youll do anything to get that pc crunching again, change its name. heck, make the l a L, and itll think its a new pc.

It could also be SETI just behaving weird. Ive noticed Ive had an *** of a time trying to get WU from the server.. all the downloads would time out, or id get like a 1k/sec rate.. yuck!

Either way, good luck man. Hope it works out.

EDIT: actually, having a deeper look at the WU, they werent actually redundant.. I see 2 pcs still have the WUs sent out to them in "New" status.. only laoming has been given the Redundant Result".. hmm.. Id definitely suggest a reset and/or detach/reattach project. And if all else fails, try the name change thing. Its not ideal, but its a start..

resetting the project didnt work =( so in the morning im going to reinstall boinc and optimized app with a name change. im too sick to mess with it right now

quietice i have no idea, must have hit something strange ~.~

:EDIT:
oooo i have a possible explanation for the client detached error. about that date i swapped my laptop hard drive for an 80 gig to a 160. i just saved my boinc folder, reinstalled boinc from a fresh install and dropped the folder into it. ....... still it doesnt make sense cuz i was getting client detached errors from awhile ago.

Last edited:
Back