• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Performance-pcs. Really impressed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grumperfish

I originally heard about this site via the forums. The other day I was looking to replace my case's 250mm fan and I needed some extra cables, so I was looking at their site and FrozenCPU. I generally buy my cooling stuff from Sidewinder and my general-needs stuff from newegg but I wanted to try out one of these two for some custom material I needed quickly. I went with performance-pcs as they're based in Florida (where I live), although the prices were similar on both sites for what I needed at the time. I placed my order on Wednesday night, and it included several custom-sleeved/heatshrinked cables and fans. By Thursday afternoon the order had been shipped usps priority. I received the shipment today. It would have been here earlier but my postal carrier didn't deliver the package initially, and my local post office sent out another carrier this afternoon to deliver it before they closed for the weekend. I'll have to send a thank you card with some chocolates to the nice assistant who helped me with this on Tuesday :)

Initial impressions:
Their site was easy to navigate and the shopping cart section was comparable to newegg's setup. Setting up a login for ordering was straight-forward and fast. Shipping via usps priority was relatively inexpensive (although I did have to pay sales tax as they're based semi-locally) and very quick.

They did an excellent job with the custom sleeving and everything was in order and perfectly separated/packed. The order was prepared and sent out in only a couple hours. I'm kinda blown away by their service, and only Sidewinder has been as fast shipping out hardware in my experience. Their prices were also really nice and I didn't have to pay compounded shipping for cabling as I would with newegg (not to give the impression that I dislike newegg as I've spent a couple grand there so far).

This was the first time I've ordered from them but it definitely won't be the last.

I know that reviews are often frowned upon but I found it hard not to recommend this excellent site. While I'm sure it's known here already, some people may not have seen it before so I figured I should mention a positive impression for others who may be looking for hardware online.

I have ordered from them a couple of times. They sent out the order in a reasonable time frame.

The time it did go wrong....

I chose a specific shipping method. Got charged for it. Got another method and it took longer... So I emailed them. Got the extra shipping back and nothing else on the screw up. Besides the, how I do not know, mess up. I got no apology or any hint of one. The mail was answered early and the refund was fast.

I will order there, after I look elsewhere. Some of the common items they do carry are kind of on the pricey side. They do however carry some rare cool stock.

I had a good experience with them to. I saw this thread about them, I hadn't heard of their name prior, and visited their site. Fairly easy to navigate through the site. Found a few things I needed so I made an order overnight, was processed and shipped the next morning, arrived 3-4 days later as estimated. No complaints, products were just as described and pricing was very reasonable. I'll do business with them again.

great customer support? extremely rude even in emails but at least they will answer your questions (from my experiance)

They have been outstanding every time I have talked to them. I've had nothing but good experiences with P-PCs.

Is there a coupon code for this website (like there is for frozencpu.com??) performance-pcs.com... are you out there? hello?

I have never had an issue with them...but never had to talk to customer service or anything.

BUT...I will order from every other place when possible...for one reason. Their ResellerRatings comments. When someone has an issue with them and post a negative review, they actually talk smack. Totally unprofesional. When a vendor stoops to having a flame war with an un-happy customer...its a turn off.

Like these:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller3731-p1-s2-d1.html#reviews

I have never had an issue with them...but never had to talk to customer service or anything.

BUT...I will order from every other place when possible...for one reason. Their ResellerRatings comments. When someone has an issue with them and post a negative review, they actually talk smack. Totally unprofesional. When a vendor stoops to having a flame war with an un-happy customer...its a turn off.

Like these:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller3731-p1-s2-d1.html#reviews

:clap: last 11 Dissatisfied reviews all mention about rude customer service :argue:

that's weird... i just ordered something from them... but they were out of stock. so i contacted them via phone to cancel and they were super nice.

Yeah, I don't know about the guys at reseller ratings but my experience with performance-pcs was very smooth. They were very nice over the phone and communication through both phone and email were great.

To each his own. But you cant judge a company when things go right...only how they handle things when they dont.

Any ANY vendor that gets into a flame war and tries to BLACKBALL a customer doesnt deserve my money...period.

I ordered a relatively decent sized order from them in my mind, $100+, first they didn't ship all items and then tried to tell me they did ship them, gave me a tracking number for the backordered items, which never arrived as well as shows on usps as received electronic transmission of this shipment but nothing else :rolleyes: and told me they'd refund my money for the unreceived items when they get the said shipped items back, I sent emails back and forth for over 3 months and as well got very rude replies and finally gave up on getting ~20 back, but I will never shop there again.

Hmmm ordered from them many times and zero issues, quick shipping, good packaging. Overall pleasant experience.

Hmmm ordered from them many times and zero issues, quick shipping, good packaging. Overall pleasant experience.

Thats what I mean by...if there is never an issue, every company is great. How they handle it when there is...well...

I have had issues with one or two of my orders from them, and have never had any problems getting it resolved. You have to keep in mind that anyone can be a prick if you catch them on the wrong day, and when someone runs into that prick they will be quick to tell the world about it.

Back