• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Web pages loading extremely slow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

narcotis

i had a post earlier saying the internet was slow after overclock,
turns out the overclock had nothing to do with it.

it takes about 30 - 40 seconds to load OCForums.com's main page, and any other page for that matter?

Anyone know why? i am connected with an ethernet cable directly from the wireless router the other pc's are slower also, i called the cable company and they said everything looks good on there end,

it was working fine yesterday, web pages would load instantly every time no matter the content

the cable company even switched my internet from there middle (7MB) to the gaming (15MB) and it made VERRY VERRY little difference, if any

Lag on any online game is so bad i can not play.

Try connecting to internet directly from the modem and see what happens.

Are you running any upload intensive applications?

e.g Torrents, P2P programs, Web servers?

Try rebooting your modem,(power off for like 5 minutes then power on)

tell me about this PCI lock think, i keep getting a message saying something about "new pci device found" then i run the wizzard and it cant finde anything. how do i lock it.

as for the James's question, no. nothing at all is running in the backround.

web pages load slow, games lag real bad. anything that needs the internet is slow and it was all of a sudden and i dont think i changed anything,
powerd pc down last night (it worked great) then powered on this morning and it was slow. at first i thought it was the overclock, but i reset the bios and it still does it

It's so the PCI frequency don't go higher than 33 Mhz when OC'ing the system bus.

33 Mhz is the standard PCI frequency.

Manually set another DNS server, see if that helps.

I use 4.2.2.4 for diagnostics, and at home it's my primary DNS (more reliable than my ISP). It's a verizon nameserver.

it fixed itself, it must have just been the cable company, i called them yesterday and they couldnt figure it out so they upgraded my connection from 7mb to 15 mb for free!!!! and all of a sudden today it fixed itself

it fixed itself, it must have just been the cable company, i called them yesterday and they couldnt figure it out so they upgraded my connection from 7mb to 15 mb for free!!!! and all of a sudden today it fixed itself

I thought you said they did that already? In your first post.

Back