• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

150GB 10K Raptor On Sale (Best Buy)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Newegg has the 150gb raptor x for 174.99 with free 3 day shipping and no tax for most people

This should be in Cyber Deals but it really isn't a great deal lol...

There are better drives to get than Raptors these days especially when you consider the price and noise level of the Raptors. Here's hoping to WD finally refreshing their line of Raptors..

What is better than these drives? I think I'm running an IDE 5400 rpm drive.

The Seagate 7200.11's are pretty nice. The 1TB Hitachis are pretty nice as well. If I had my choice I would go with a pair of 500BG 7200.11's in matrix raid, You are going to get very similar performance with less noise and heat, plus you will get a ton more storage space. For me that sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

The Seagate 7200.11's are pretty nice. The 1TB Hitachis are pretty nice as well. If I had my choice I would go with a pair of 500BG 7200.11's in matrix raid, You are going to get very similar performance with less noise and heat, plus you will get a ton more storage space. For me that sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

Two raptors in RAID 0 will still get you better performance. There are a lot of articles about it, one of em on the front page here a while back. The question is whether the performance difference between that and the new 7200 rpm drives is worth the extra cost and noise.

Back