• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tweaking 2000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gandalf

Hey guyz, I just instelled Win2k on my NEW :)) ) comp... (see sig), and I was wondering where I could learn to tweak it.

I really liked WinME because it had the msconfig tool that was VERY useful in tweaking.

So, with win2000, are there any programs that can help me too tweak it?

I've checked out a bunch of tweaking sites in the past, and gotten some good info: I'd post links but it was a long while back.

As far as tweaking tools go, I use Xteq Systems XSetup.
Works in Win9x, NT and 2K- probably XP too ( I don't use XP, so I didn't notice!) XSetup is excellent, but there are a few warning dialogs for some of the options- it can screw up your os if you ignore them!

Literally a few hundred tweaks though. Get it HERE

And more, pal!!!

It can take a while to find what you're looking for sometimes, but I think it has something like 500 separate possible tweaks!
Some are NT or 2K or 9x only, but I'm telling you it is something.

The gui window gives you 2 main choices for tweaking: wizards or the list. If you go through the list, and read each tweak, it would probably take 15 or 20 minutes!

And its freeware!:cool:

Back