• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

780i 8800GTS 512x2 Stock 3D Marks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Good advice :)

To add on to that, make sure you are running your memory within spec.

Within spec meaning timings? Or freq? I have never been able to move the memory clock past 800MHz. Ill get the CPU to 3.2, 8x400, then try to up the memory a bit and it wont even reboot. I think I have some more to learn about this part of it.

I have it at 3GHz stable right now I believe. Meaning I played a days worth of games without any issues. Memory timings are at 5-5-5-18.

18558 3D Marks with RivaTuner 2.07 working properly now.

3.4GHz | 770/1080/1923

Windows XP 32.

I can't get Vista 64 and everything else to work properly with RT 2.07 right now.

Ok, for some reason i dont think 3d mark 06 is actually using my cards in SLi. I am only getting 11256 in 3d mark06 on default settings (im not OC'ing yet either but still)

I have:
XFX 780i
4GB Patriot ddr2 1200
2x 8800 GTS 512 (g92)
E6750 Intel
500GB SATA2 HDD
i have standard cooling on CPU 4 120mm case fans
220mm fan on the side of my case

what is the deal?

BTW Beeah hows the snow treating you in detroit lately:p got about 7 inches over here in Ann Arbor

Last edited:
Ok, for some reason i dont think 3d mark 06 is actually using my cards in SLi. I am only getting 11256 in 3d mark06 on default settings (im not OC'ing yet either but still)

I have:
XFX 780i
4GB Patriot ddr2 1200
2x 8800 GTS 512 (g92)
E6750 Intel
500GB SATA2 HDD
i have standard cooling on CPU 4 120mm case fans
220mm fan on the side of my case

what is the deal?

BTW Beeah hows the snow treating you in detroit lately:p got about 7 inches over here in Ann Arbor

My first post showed 13.3k unclocked. I'm 90% sure that was totally unclocked. Could the chipsets make that difference? I can't imagine it would.

I'm working in Peoria IL right now so I get to miss all of that. I guess they got like 8 inches in my home town and could expect 1 inch too 2 feet if they get tagged by that storm! hehe

Im afraid to overclock till i get some nice cooling. Im gonna just straight into liquid if i can no point in buying decent air setups if im gonna just buy h2o later.

Im afraid to overclock till i get some nice cooling. Im gonna just straight into liquid if i can no point in buying decent air setups if im gonna just buy h2o later.

The video cards can handle a good clock on the stock coolers. People are showing 800MHz with stock coolers. Ill get there.

My CPU fan was $26.00. I can't get stable at 3.6GHz yet, but I have alot more to learn to make it stable up there. Just please, DO NOT EVEN INSTALL nTune!! Thats where my issues were from. If you have to install it and have problems, make that the first thing you drop. =)

Going to bed, 1am, gotta work at 6:30.

bump the fan duty cycle. when i bench they are always 100% duty cycle. i can bench @ 823core/1150mem - add that to 3.9-4.1 GHz on a quad and you have 20K. good luck :)

Back