• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

780i 8800GTS 512x2 Stock 3D Marks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BEEAH

New system specs are in my sig. I ran 3DMarks06 and snagged a score of 13291. This sound about right for a compleatly untouched rig?

9x266

GPU = 670/972

Its kinda odd, under the NVIDIA Control Panel, SLI is set to enable, but under the Display settings for the GPU, it simply says. "Your graphics card features NVIDIA scalable link interface technology. Before you can enable SLI, all graphics cards much be installed in PCI Express slot with a bandwidth of 4x or greater."

I just show people with a single 8800GT's with 3d marks over 14k.

Last edited:
Ah man that sounds so sexy.....That's extremely close to what i want to build, how do you like the performance so far? The score sounds a bit low to me for what you are running, but i am no expert in that area.

Ah man that sounds so sexy.....That's extremely close to what i want to build, how do you like the performance so far? The score sounds a bit low to me for what you are running, but i am no expert in that area.

I love the system so far, I'm just a bit overwhelmed with all the oc'ing stuff to learn. I am really struggling with which program to use to do the OC'ing. I would like to just use BIOS but I don't really have a grip on how it all works yet.

Just getting goofy things happen with display settings right now. Setting AA to application controlled, but then in crysis, when I switch AA to 8x, it just jumps back to off. When I force it to use my settings I'm not sure if its really enabled.

I'm learning. :bang head

Yeah i'm still studying and learning as i go too, just got an IP35-E today to mate with a 2180. Figure if i'm gonna learn, do it inexpensively. I love the 780i board from what i've heard it screams as does that Q6600.

you guys should have fun getting to know the nV chipset. it can be your best friend and a nightmare. i LOVE mine and would like to move to th 780 when i have some extra coin. you guys both have rigs capable of 20K+ in 3dmark 06 - i wish you luck :)

Well, I'm finally learning and understanding enough to get stuff to do what I want it too.

CPU is now sitting at 3200MHz, GPU's are running at 730/1100. Now I just have to find out how to change the shader clock speed. Memory timings are at 4-4-4-12

Problem is, when I run 3DMarks 06, I get an error. C:\Programfiles\bla\bla\blasplash_ad.bmp: No Such file or directory.

Working on this,

Just ran a 16037 with the cpu bumped to 3.2GHz, and the vid cards bumped to 715/1050.

Vista 64.

More to come.

What do you use to OC your GTS's?

I get 20k (20k lows, occasionally 21k highs) at 4GHz (Q6600, 400x10) GTS 800/1000/2000.

What do you use to OC your GTS's?

I get 20k (20k lows, occasionally 21k highs) at 4GHz (Q6600, 400x10) GTS 800/1000/2000.

I'm just using ntune right now. I cant get RiviaTuner to work. When I right click on the Customize button I have no options to change the settings. I only have Refresh Rate, Color Schemes and Diagnostic... Be nice to get that to work so I can slide the shader bar also.

Was like this on XP Home and now on Vista 64.

Ran 16720 With the GPU bumped to 777/1065

Last edited:
Just be thankful you haven't got the Asus P5N-T Deluxe 780i... Not read one positive comment about this board, I'm RMA'ing it because mine is so unstable, going for the XFX board instead. :(

I am having trouble getting this thing to be stable at anything over 3.2GHz. Even at 3.2 she will blue screen on me from time to time. I had it pushed to 3.6GHz and the cards up to 780/1170 but 3DMarks got a blue screen also. If that was stable I gotta image it woulda been close to 20K marks.

I just can't get this thing to like anything over 3GHz stable. I'm very new at all of this so I know there is something I'm doing wrong.

Make sure you are manually setting voltages in the BIOS for your overclock. I did 3.3GHz On 1.3VCore, with the processor having a VID of 1.2625. The forums have a great how to overclock your CD2, CDQ processor guide in the Intel hardware section. Also with a stock clocked 8800GT and a 3.3GHz Q6600 I did 14,493 in 3DMarks06.

Make sure you are manually setting voltages in the BIOS for your overclock. I did 3.3GHz On 1.3VCore, with the processor having a VID of 1.2625. The forums have a great how to overclock your CD2, CDQ processor guide in the Intel hardware section. Also with a stock clocked 8800GT and a 3.3GHz Q6600 I did 14,493 in 3DMarks06.
Good advice :)

To add on to that, make sure you are running your memory within spec.

Back