• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Toshiba Satellite A200 - CMOS Battery Location

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfdarkraiden

Registered
Hello OC Forums,

I need urgent support with my Toshiba Satellite 200 (revision A) laptop. I need find out where the CMOS battery is located on this laptop. I currently have the laptop nearly opened, and since I do not want to break it I am not going any further. Please help me find my CMOS battery.

Do not bump a thread in the same day.

Your battery will be somewhere on the laptops mainboard, youi'll know it when you see it.

I know

Sorry about that. I know the CMOS battery is on the motherboard, I needed someone to pin point the location for me.

Why?

Once you open the case you'll have the whole motherboard in view,

You could ring up tech support, but ask them to put you to a tech, not a representive.

-

Because I don't have it fully opened. And I'm not sure which side. The ram goes under the laptop and I can see a lot of things on top (under the keyboard). That's why. This is my first time opening a laptop also.

Hi,
I have a Toshiba Satellite A200 15.4 laptop and problem with bios password. I inherited this laptop and wondering if its possible to remove the BIOS password?

One suggestion that came across was removing the CMOS battery? - Is this possible?
I have removed the top case and cannot see the cmos battery.
Please can anyone help

thanks
dee

Back