• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Help, May Send A 780i Back.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BEEAH

I spent all this money, and I can't even get the machine to be stable at totally stock speeds. I get random blue screens that result in reboots. Rebooting that changes my stock memory timings from 5-5-5-18, to 4-4-4-12. If I simply reboot windows, the system will go into total lockup upon reboot.

I get that constent fast beeping upon reboots from any condition with alarms like "Keyboard error or no keyboard present, BIOS ROM Checksum Error, and Drive A Error System Halt" all at the same time. The BIOS NEVER stays where I set it no matter what I do.

BIOS settings will be all auto multi and FSB's, and auto voltages. I have tried raising my MEM voltages too 2.2V as my memory requires but still no luck. My VCORE shows around 1.24V8(CPUZ) on auto mode which with what I read is about where it should be(I have tried all other voltages within my CPU range.

2GB or 4GB installed, ALL Spread Spectrums Disabled, all enabled, all defaults...

My MCP(Not CPU) temperture its idle around 54 degrees idle unclocked. Nothing that I do seems to help the stability.

I am 2 days away from sending this 780i back to EVGA for a new one. I don't know if it could be something else as in the memory or CPU? Or even me?] Please, I will do ANYTHING and everything you guys say. Shes running totally cool and calm right now at 100% stock speeds. If I reboot it, it will not recover.

:confused::(:shrug::cry::-/

I beg you.

Listing all of my settings @ Stock.

I just uninstalled Ntune also. Read that it has a habbit of changing settings when you don't want/expect it.

2292516625_aa46a2de47_o.jpg

2293302210_80e959c004_o.jpg

2292516685_d8bdddb753_o.jpg

2293302134_235866b37d_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back