• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max FSB on A7V133

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NeoMoses

I've got an A7V133 and I'm pretty much maxed out at 144 FSB. I was just wondering if anyone had done much better than that with theirs. Also, are there PCI/AGP dividers on this board? and if so, how do you set them? most of my specs are in the sig.

I had mine up to 166 with the multiplier set down.
I don't recomend keeping it there because most of the other stuff doesn't like running that fast. The PCI divisor only goes to 1/4 and the AGP runs at half, I think!
That sound card may be holding you back. You could try taking it out and trying again.
Good memory is important as well!
And of course cooling!!!

You've hit something other than the boards limit i think. Mine runs fine at 148 mhz, above that the ram craps out...You might also check your northbridge heatsink, my first A7V133 <died due to an unfortunate mistake during a removal of my PAL 8045> had its Northbridge fan die one day due to it being a crappy fan, however that board did hold 140+ FSB fine still...

I got A7V133 rev1005 updated to 1007.

Nortbridge temp is 23 C and T-Bird [email protected] temp 43 C

My memorys is SUPPOSED to be able to be at (PQI) 166@cas3 but no.

I can get into windows at 164@cas3 but I get alot of BSODS and then the multiplier is set at 7 :(

The memorys might been hurt by ESD but I doubt it. What is wrong?

Highest I ever got mine was 143, but my RAM was holding me back. I couldn't run it @ CAS2 that high, and performance would've been stinted too much to run it @ CAS3.

Now I have two sticks and can only manage 136. Could get 141 before.

Back