• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo beeping on startup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

waytofail

Registered
Hi.
I have recently built a pc, which has been working fairly well (the problems that occur seem to be directx related?), anyway sometimes upon boot of my pc I get 3 long beeps from the mobo. I know its alerting me to a problem, but I dont know what.
I can give full system specs if neccesary, but my mobo is a gigabyte P35-DS3R

Thanks

The only reference to 3 long beeps I can find is a keyboard controller problem.

I know a repeating long beep on my Abit board is a memory error.

yuppers 3 beeps should be a keyboard error code.. if it uses the standard errors anyways

i would check your manual "rtfm"

take from page 103 of the P35-DS3R manual

1 short: System boots successfully
2 short: CMOS setting error
1 long, 1 short: Memory or motherboard error
1 long, 2 short: Monitor or graphics card error
1 long, 3 short: Keyboard error
1 long, 9 short: BIOS ROM error
Continuous long beeps: Graphics card not inserted properly
Continuous short beeps: Power error

take from page 103 of the P35-DS3R manual

oo thanks. I had a quick look thorugh the manual, but failed to find anything, lol.
I guess its probably my gfx card, seeing as every now and again my pc decides to get ''no video input'' even though everything seems to be plugged in correct. Ill try re-fitting it and see if the problem persists.
Thanks.

if you truely think its your video card you could try cleaning the contacts

take a white eraser (not a pink one!) and run it along the sides of the card where the pcb goes into the PCI-E slot. You can do this several times if you wish. This often helps if there is bad contact between the card and the slot

Back