• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6600 in a lappy hell ya

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its got a 12 cell battery so Im guessing...10 minutes on power save mode :) The cpu alone takes up more power then my entire laptop (they use 90w right?) and then you have the 17" screen, 2 hard drives and 2 8700M GTs in SLI. I love how the vents take up the entire back of the laptop.

34-201-001-04.jpg

Would be great for jacking my car up. Its so thick I could work under it in no time!

34-201-001-11.jpg

11.6lbs. Great dumbells!

its not that thick... a notebook I had with a coppermine was thicker than that and came out in 2001ish... not what I'd consider old.

its not that thick... a notebook I had with a coppermine was thicker than that and came out in 2001ish... not what I'd consider old.

In relation to today's notebooks, however, it's as thick as a brick. These types of machines seem to defeat the contemporary purpose of notebooks, i.e., portability and the ability to use a machine for long periods without external power.

It's really kind of silly...for $3800, you could pick up a nice Lenovo X61 with a docking station and still have $2300.00 left over to build a spankin' nice desktop that would easily outperform the brick...

Last edited:
this looks more like a gamers laptop. so its not marketed for the average notebook user ;) its pretty sweet if you ask me. very pricey but you are getting what you paid for :)

this looks more like a gamers laptop. so its not marketed for the average notebook user ;) its pretty sweet if you ask me. very pricey but you are getting what you paid for :)

Hey, I game fine on my HP dv9548us, it has a T5450 and a 8600GS and runs most games fine, and its still $2400 cheaper then this.

Hey, I game fine on my HP dv9548us, it has a T5450 and a 8600GS and runs most games fine, and its still $2400 cheaper then this.

You can hardly compare a Q6600 with SLI 8700GT's to a T5450 and 8600GS lol....That laptop is twice as powerful as your laptop.....but.....its a very expensive, but powerful, brick.

i would hate to have to carry that thing around. That's more of a SFF alternative.

You can hardly compare a Q6600 with SLI 8700GT's to a T5450 and 8600GS lol....That laptop is twice as powerful as your laptop.....but.....its a very expensive, but powerful, brick.

I wasn't saying it wasn't, I'm just saying theres not really a point. Its not a laptop, its a desktop with a UPS.

Back