• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

another Crucial Ballistix thread...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

super2007

yes i opened a thread week back and i ended up rma my ram, well its comming tomarrow, few questions...

as you can tell i have p5k deluxe and by default the ram runs at 800mhz so i have to go to bios and setup 1067 in settings..

is that causing problems? this is my second rma
i know Crucial Ballistix have bad faults..n stuff dont need to hear that it has bad chips n etc manufactor problems.. etc i know these allready

main questions..should i keep it at 800 or go for 1067?

just to play safe....

YES OR NO..

i dont care how bad this ram is..its awesome! ppl look at my computer say wow is that ram ? lol i love it:santa2:

as long as you set the voltage and timings up manually you should be fine.

If these sticks are 1066MHz then set it to a divider that will give you 1066Mhz and manually set the voltage at 2.2V. If you get errors then get rid of those damn sticks. I just went through 2 sets of these exact sticks and I want nothing more to do with them.

BTW, going down to DDR2-800 when the sticks are rated for 1066MHz is not playing it safe, it is merely compromising. If the product is so inferior that it cannot operate at its default specs, then you should not compromise but rather replace it with something better. Who cares about looks, it is performance which counts.

they run default at 1066..i bought them at 1066
OK WHAT SHOULD I CHANGE?
setting here
ai control-manuel
cpu-ratio setting..auto
fsb strays to north bridge auto
fsb frequency-333
pcie-frequency auto
dram frequency dd2-1066mhz
dram command trate-auto
dram timing control-auto
timing information-5 5 5 18-3-42-6-3-3
dram static read control-auto
transaction booster-auto
cpu-valtage-auto
cpu-dll voltage =auto
fsb termination volage-auto
dram voltage-auto
nb voltage-auto
sb voltage-auto
clock-over-charging-volgtag-auto

-Dram timing control - manual
-Change the timings to 5-5-5-15
-Leave sub-timings on auto for now
-Dram voltage - manually put 2.2V

um..i am noob guys...i got the following

2.00v
2.05v
2.10v
2.15v
2.20v
2.25v

so i should pick 2.20v?

Anywhere in the 2.1-2.2v range should work. If you can run them less than 2.2v that is advisable, but if you don't feel like messing w/ it much I'd just set it to 2.15v and leave it.

The problem you were having before is that you had them at default which is only 1.8v...way too low.

Back