• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking 8800GTX in NP5792/M570RU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silent Frog

I've got a Sager NP5792 with the t9300 4gig and a 8800 gtx.
I'm trying to overclock the 8800 a little just to see what it can do. But I cant get a program to do it.
OS is currently Vista Home Premium 64 bit.
I tried ATITool and it didn't want to change the clock speed, I'd set it and then click the set clock and it would go back to defualt.
Then I tried nTune, which just BSOD over and over.
Then Rivatuner, which finally after getting the signed driver for it looked like it would work but wanted to restart and after the restart it said it didn't have a signed driver and would not work..

Any ideas?

I think you are going to have a very difficult time trying to OC the mobile video card. Probably isn't going to happen.

I was wondering if that was the case. But I've read a few posts on the net of peoples benchmarks with their 8800 gtx in the NP5792 overclocked.. Perhaps I should of joined the forum and asked them how, but I really am a member of enough forums already. Hoping someone here could let me know how.

So I got Rivatuner working after deleting three windows updates and running two commands to stop the forced digitally signed driver issue. It lets me underclock but I can't overclock. It just looks like its working but when I check GPU-Z it doesn't change if I go above default clock speed.

So I got Rivatuner working after deleting three windows updates and running two commands to stop the forced digitally signed driver issue. It lets me underclock but I can't overclock. It just looks like its working but when I check GPU-Z it doesn't change if I go above default clock speed.

This was the same problem with the 8600m GT GDDR3 from Asus for the C90S...they did something special to the drivers that don't allow an OC. What you should do is grab a copy of Nibitor, save your BIOS with GPU-Z, and start slowly increasing you clocks in that. Flash, test, repeat.

I might do that later on.. But I really don't like the idea of flashing the vbios on a 1 week old laptop...

So you think its in the drivers. I was thinking that too. So maybe if I wait a little someone will come out with a edited driver for the 8800m...

Back