• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So I got my RMA back from Crucial Ballistix ....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

So I go pick up my ram that came in from RMA today, and some thing doesn't look right . When i get home I compaire it to my other set . ( I have 2 set of 2x1gig 6400's) . It is different , they got rid of the clips on the top that hold the heat spreads. IDK what they used to keep them on now but it looks way better and takes up less room . I will update soon as I test more . (right now they are @ 500mhz 5-5-5-15 2.2v )

Top is the old ram bottm is the new on both pics. If any one know any thing about these new 6400's please share =)
DSCF2393.jpg
DSCF2392.jpg

On a side note why does XP 64 bit feal faster ?

cpuz41.jpg

Last edited:
Ok new ram will not do 500mhz @ 4-4-4-12 2.2v will not do 600mhz 5-5-5-15 2.2v
=(

I just got back some tracer pc8500 yesterday and they have no clips. The guy at crucial told me they are still d9s. Right now they are running at 940 with no problems.

It's easy to see in the 1st pic. If you see RAM chips on both sides of the PCB (DS) then you have D9's, and if they are only on one side (SS) then you have the new stuff which doesn't OC to anywhere near the same level.

I'd send them back, and request the DS modules or store credit.

Thats what i did i told the guy i didnt want the new single sided ones because i read the single sided ones didnt overclock as well as the older ones. I made him check just to make sure they still had them in stock otherwise i would have requested pc6400 instead.

Last edited:
the ic's are still D9's, just a different set of D9's. its not GMH or GHX D9's this has been covered in the Balli poll thread. these new IC's are higher density like the D9HNL's, the HNL's are not what is being used. as they dont like anything over 1.9volts, the max i got my HNL's was to DDR2-900 [email protected] from DDR2-667 5-5-5-15 1.8v. higher density IC's will not oc like the other stuff does. with micron moving towards ddr3 dont expect the to be focusing on overclockable memory any more in the DDR2 segment.

Back