• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old DFI LapnPartyUT NF3 250gb and memory issues...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tacoman667

I have been using old Kingston HyperX 512mbx2 for quite a few years now and I know I had an open slot for more memory. I grabbed another 1GB stick of ADATA DDR 400 and put it into slot 1 and situating the 2 512's into 2 and 3. That stick will not recognize at all in post or in the OS. If I take out the HyperX sticks even 1 at a time it will still not recognize in slot 1 or 2 as long as there is a HyperX stick in 2 or 3. If I put the 1GB stick into slot 3 the nniether slots 1 or 2 will recognize my HyperX at all.

Am I doing something wrong?! I wanted to upgrade the memory cheaply while saving to finally give my system the overhaul it deserves.

Thanks!

Have you tried setting the RAM to 2T @ DDR333 with all three sticks installed? According to the manual that should work. I think, if I'm reading this right, the 1Gb module needs to be in slot 1 ...

you prolly don't want to hear this, but you would have much better results if the ram matched (same manu and made around same time).

that said, the NF3 250 is a whippin good board, too bad 754 didn't come dual core, I would prolly still be using it today. also, the last time i tried this board was with a 4000+ mobile 754 unit (presently in my laptop), 3 gig easy. imho, it was one of the best in the 754 field....

as mentioned by QuietIce, some bios adjustments my get you singing again..

laterzzz.....

So I will put them in this way, Slot1: 1GB, Slot2: 512Mb, Slot3: 512Mb. In my BIOS I will put the timeing to 2, not 1 and not 2.5 but 2, then put the DRAM frequency at 166mhz. I will try this when I get home. I just hope that it works. I am not overclocking this thing anymore as my severely outdated DangerDen watercooling system has finally been retired. I got that thing when the Cube 2 radiator first came out all copper tubing and came with a 65W peltier.

Well, this didn't work for me. If the 1GB stick is in the first or second slot then it isn't recognized as even occupying a slot, and if the 1GB is in the 3rd slot then the 512's are not recognized as occupying any slots.

Anyone have any other thoughts?

The timing I was referring to was 2T. There should be a switch in BIOS for 1T/2T.

I'd leave the main four RAM timings at the loosest of the three RAM sticks or maybe even Auto (if DFI has that). What are the stock timings for the RAM you have? As bldegle2 noted, they may be incompatible ...

I don't actually remember seeing the 1T/2T option but there is one option where it changes a timing setting but the options are Auto/Enabled/Disabled. I have tried that one as well. I have used SiSoft Sandra Lite for years and the info windows are awesome. It does not detect these RAM sticks in their different configurations I described above.

again, you are trying to mix and match rams, a recipe for failure...

and, yes, the 1T/2T thing might just be an auto/enable/disable choice in the bios, could be 'CPC' in bios, can't remember, been awhile...

laterzzzz.....

Back