• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need suggestions for EPIC strategy game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jas

I'm looking for something in the RTS Empire bulding genre, that is pretty epic, and is, you can stretch a game over countless hours.

I've never played the Civ series, so that's a consideration.

I'm basically looking for somethign I can spend an hour or two here and there on, and that can last for quite a while.

I have MEpire Earth two, and I love that game, but the duration of a single game just ins't long enough.

I know of a few good ones.

Medievil total war 2, Rome total war.

Sins of a solar empire.

Those can be stretched for many hours.

Also my fav. classics....Heroes of might and majic. That is a fun, relaxing, yet strategic game.

Medievil sereis is a mix of turned base and rts, Heroes is turned base....but all those you can burn a many hours chilling and commanding ur armies. ALL are fun and "epic" IMHO.

Sind sof a Solar empite loosk interesting, but not sure I want a non terrestrial based RTS/Empire game.

Supreme Commander is pretty epic, especially for the multitude of units you can field. Most games will take you about an hour or two. If you are looking for the straight campaign, it will still take you about 2, 2.5 hours per map.

Supreme Commander is pretty epic, especially for the multitude of units you can field. Most games will take you about an hour or two. If you are looking for the straight campaign, it will still take you about 2, 2.5 hours per map.

Looking for something that can litterly span 8+ hours of play for a single game. Civ4 might be the only gam eout there that can do that. I have zero experience wiht Turn based games like that though (unless you count Sim city)

Yeah my first choice would be Civ4. Play it on marathon speed and your game can last up to 10-12 hours easily.

Also, Rome: Total War and/or Medieval 2: Total War would be another great choice. They combine the best of RTS and turn-based into one game. Games take much longer than 8 hours, it will keep you busy for days/weeks.

Finally, I've heard great things about Sins of a Solar Empire, but haven't got a chance to try it myself.

Just go with civ 4 and get the beyond the sword expansion you wont regret it and you will also learn the true meaning of "just 1 more turn"

Age of Mythology, It's made by microsoft but it's still quite a good game. A single game can stretch from 30 minutes to 3 hours depending on 1. How you play 2. What settings you use.

I'm having a blast with the Armageddon Empires demo and am going to register this weekend. If I did it during the week I might end up calling out from work :p Post-apoc hybrid between hex-based strategy and CCG style battling. Here's a link: http://www.crypticcomet.com/

Back