• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell inspiron 9300 compared to a MacBook/MacBook Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crofty83

I've already got a desktop machine which is used for the day to day computing tasks but always liked the look of the Apple MacBooks as a laptop. My question is tho. Would I be better sticking with the Inspiron 9300 which I already have or would I be better getting a reconditioned MacBook or MacBook Pro?

There is going to be a large price difference. Also keep in mind, a 17" laptop is HUGE and HEAVY

The price issue isn't a problem. Im thinking more along the lines of am I going to be dissapointed with a MacBook compared to the Inspiron 9300 I already have

Well you are comparing a newish 15" MB or MBP to a 1-2 year old 17" Dell I assume. What is it about the MBP you think will disapoint you? It won't be performance because it will run circles around an older 9300? If it's the size than spend some time on one in store and see how you like it. Personally I can't see myself ever using a 17" laptop unless I am never planning on taking it anywhere. 15.4" is the perfect size IMO. And 1440x900 on the MBP is definitely a great res to be viewing. I have 1680x1050 on my XPS which might be too high for some. The 13" MB is a really nice portable machine. Don't expect it to perform in games though. And if you get a MBP, make sure it has the 256MB DDR3 8600M GT.

Just as a side note... you can get some really high perf. laptop's for less than a refurbed MBP, uhm... kind of like an XPS ;)

Back