• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Doublesight DS-263N.... Anyone have one??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M Diddy

Just curious why we're not hearing a ton about this monitor. Phillips S-IPS panel (same as the highly praised Planar PX2611W) and not to mention it's 26" and can be had for under 700.00 USD. There's a small thread over on [H] but only one person has it. His review was very positive although no extensive testing was done.

Just curious if anyone here has one as I'd be tempted to sell my incoming 2408WFP for a bit under retail and pick this puppy up. Would like to see some other reviews though before I do.

Here's a link to the monitor on the Egg....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824185007

Well guys, after reading the entire 44 page thread over on the [H] about the Planar and also the 2 page thread about this Doublesight, I took the plunge and picked one up.

The price looks way to good to pass up for a 26" S-IPS panel and the reviews just seem too good. I'll be sure to post a review once it arrives. :D

BTW, anyone wanna buy a New In Box Dell 2408WFP for less then retail???? :D

Just to update things a bit....

ToastyX over on [H] that did the review on the Planar just posted his review on the DS. As luck would have it, it is the exact same monitor, just re badged and with a few more options! :D Also, it's been confirmed that the DS is indeed a H-IPS panel just like the Planar and NEC 26" options.

Really looking forward to this thing showing up at my house how! :D :D

Last edited:
Wow that's a really low price for a large IPS. And here I've been moaning for a while about the exit of IPS from the consumer feature and pricing space.

This looks like a great display value. I'm thinking of dumping my 2407 A04 in favor of the Doublesight. After calibration, it seems offer superb image quality.

My boss bought one and he brought it into work for me to take a look at. I'm pretty happy with it. I ordered one overnight from newegg on Monday but they didn't ship it until today... Should have it tomorrow.
I'm replacing a Dell 2407wfp or whatever (24 inch S-PVA) with the DS-263N.

Hey, could we hear an evaluation of the contrast ratio and colors as the contrast ratio is supposed to be much lower on this monitor than PVA ones? Thanks!

Guys....

The monitor itself is beautiful. The colors on this thing are great and there's no real visible shifting of colors no matter how you look at the screen. The colors got even better when I used the .icc profile that ToastyX had posted up in the thread over at the [H]. The one drawback here is that, unlike the much higher priced NEC 2690, there is no polarizer so there is a bit of a "whitening" effect at extreme horizontal angels, but it's really not that bad.

Contrast is definitely not as good as a PVA panel, but it's still more then acceptable. That's one of the drawbacks about current IPS panels though and there's no way around that. Contrast is just not going to be as high. Is it noticeable coming from a Dell 2408WFP that I used for about an hour going to this???? Yes. However, the DS is by no means bad in that department.

My panel isn't the best. There is some back light bleed on the lower part of the screen and I also have one stuck pixel towards the center of the screen. However, so far, DS's warranty seems to be top notch and I have been sent out a replacement monitor at no charge and simply have to return this one when it arrives.

As far as gaming??? WOW! Absolutely NO ghosting and as Toasty posted, there is no noticeable input lag. He tested it as having a little less then one frame of lag, something like 11-13ms. Movies on this thing are stunning as well. I watched Matrix Reloaded on it and was very pleased with the color reproduction and smoothness on the screen.

All in all, if I had to purchase a monitor again, I would pick one of these up in a heart beat. Having this much real estate is a HUGE plus and the pluses of this thing far outweigh the negatives.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. How do the darks look?

IMO, they look great! Of course, I'm not a photo professional or anything like that. The ICC profile definitely helped a good bit but it could probably use its' own calibration with a Spyder 2 to make it perfect.

I like it better than my 2407WFP but it does have a lot of backlight bleed around the edges and for some reason it seems to have this green tint, even after I calibrated it like 10 times. I don't get it.

It's definitely very sharp. No problems with the contrast and brightness for me. My games look a lot better and this monitor is definitely fast.

I'd buy another one.

I ordered mine today, looks to be like a nice monitor!!!

You'll love it! I just got my replacement from DS last week and it has 0 dead pixels and another BIG plus.... Some of the 263N's now come withe the same polarizer as the higher end NEC and my replacement is one of them! :D

There is no contrast shift at all with this screen. The blacks and grays stay exactly the same at any angle. Turns out a number of others are reporting having the same luck with the monitors they picked up, though it's luck of the draw right now.

Back