• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 Way LCD, 2 Side Different Sizes?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BEEAH

What I mean is, would it be messed up to have 2 smaller LCD's on each side of my 24" Gateway? If I ran games with 3 monitors would it be to messed up with the different resolutions to work or look right?

Buying 2 more 24"'s is a bit pricy. A couple of $200 20's or what ever would be purdee BA.

Thoughts?

It does work very well, back in the day I ran a gateway with three graphics cards so I could run two monitors on my desk and one on top of those, like a triangle. And more recently, I ran four monitors and a TV in 05 or 06.

I guess I mean spanning. My 24 in the middle then like 22's or something smaller on each side. How well does that work with gaming? What if the sides are different resolutions?

With the 24" in the middle to keep the same size going you may want to look at 2 smaller monitors running in portrait mode. (You will have to measure the height of your present monitor and compare it to the length of another monitor to match things up.

It might also be tough matching the resolutions equally for spanning, your best bet would be to sel lthe 24" and go with 3 smaller monitors (and a matrox triple head, unless you want to break up SLI).

I love running multiple monitros and can not wait til li can afford more LCDs as I do not have the room to run a bunch of large CRTs anymore.

You could just buy another 24inch.

I'm not talking 2 screens, I'm talking 3 screens total. You can't only have 2 screens for games due to the center being a slice of plastic. Well at least the games that I play.

The egg has a few damn nice 22's for around $250. My Gateway is at least 2x that much.

Two 22" on the side might work ok but would look a bit odd because the pixel pitch is larger and the vertical resolution is different. Ideally you want the same pixel pitch and vertical resolution. The best setup for flanking a 24" aside from more 24"ers :p is two 20" 4:3 screens with 1600x1200 resolution.

Two 22" on the side might work ok but would look a bit odd because the pixel pitch is larger and the vertical resolution is different. Ideally you want the same pixel pitch and vertical resolution. The best setup for flanking a 24" aside from more 24"ers :p is two 20" 4:3 screens with 1600x1200 resolution.

Thats what I was thinking, going with some 4:3's. Having them both run at 1200 on the Y may work out well.

:attn:

Back