• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[DEAD DEAL]8800GTS 512mb $170 AMIR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I hope some folks got in on that deal, You really have to think it was a pricing error. I'm not a fan of Tiger either, And I really don't need the card, Still was tempted to go for it though. ( I'm sure I would have healed from the gunshot wounds when I told the wife I bought one ).

I'm secretly glad that this is no longer available because I just finally bit the bullet and bought an 8800GT from newegg yesterday.

I'd be a little ****y to find that I can get a GTS for $10 cheaper before my GT even arrives.

Do the G92 based 8800 series do offloading for HD content (like the 2400/2600/8400/8600 series cards)?

If so I might snag one of these for my HTPC.

EDIT: says no longer available for me now

Personally I'd go with this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127323

G92 8800GTS MSI from the Egg for 245-30 rebate = 215.

Plus some free game I've never heard of.

I really don't like Tiger. I'd pay some premium to deal with the Egg. I'd do ZZF or something like that, but Tiger... their customer service isn't even close to the quality of the DMV.

I saw it and passed, but only because it's Tiger. Sweet deal though if they don't screw you over (Tiger might ship a geforce 2 and hope you don't notice).

Back