• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for graphical design software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sjaak

Heya fellas. For a marketing project im trying to gather information about large graphical designer software prices. This is to determine the starting capital needed for a grafimedia design company. Now i've come up with flash/dreamweaver etc. and they can all be had in "Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium" for 2600 euros, but there is obviously much more similar software out there, unfortunatly i dont know many..i figured on a forum like this there must be some design-o-freaks around that can give me a list or so ;)

Heya fellas. For a marketing project im trying to gather information about large graphical designer software prices. This is to determine the starting capital needed for a grafimedia design company. Now i've come up with flash/dreamweaver etc. and they can all be had in "Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium" for 2600 euros, but there is obviously much more similar software out there, unfortunatly i dont know many..i figured on a forum like this there must be some design-o-freaks around that can give me a list or so ;)
If you want cheap get rhino 3d and flemango.

If you want off the way crazy expensive get 3dsmax :) Unless your lucky like me and find a student copy for $200 :)

Wikipedia is actually quite good for comparisons like this. For example, here is a table comparing many different raster graphics editors like Photoshop, Corel Painter, GIMP, etc.

Wikipedia is actually quite good for comparisons like this. For example, here is a table comparing many different raster graphics editors like Photoshop, Corel Painter, GIMP, etc.
Hmmm I thought he wanted a 3d software not 2d? my bad.

Then I go with Frodo's suggestion Coral Painter, and Photoshop.

Also check out the stuff from right hemisphere ( its a mix of 2d and 3d )

Also check out Z brush

You know i spent 15 minutes looking for the wiki page about 'graphical design software' but couldnt find it :/

:bang head

Adobe software is pretty much the standard. That and Quark Express make up the vast majority of professionally used tools by graphic designers. Other tools exist but they definitely not what you'd call standard... though you will find some successful designers, artists, and illustrators using other tools. When it comes down to it creativity and your ability to present the information is key, but having tools that everyone either expects or uses doesn't hurt ;).

Back