• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I use the system in my sig and that the quote is from G.Skill manual highlighted in red, indicating a possible problem. And yes a lot of ppl do not have it, I do and it runs without a problem with the indicated settings but going to 1: 1.25 and I have problems, go figure.

It's your motherboard, not the memory. Motherboard manufacturers play with chipset timings depending on which memory divider you choose. More than likely that ratio is using a chipset timing that's too tight causing instability.

It's your motherboard, not the memory. Motherboard manufacturers play with chipset timings depending on which memory divider you choose. More than likely that ratio is using a chipset timing that's too tight causing instability.
I agree with that. I suspect the divider too, because it works fine on all 1:1 setting like 4-4-4-12 at 374 and also the statement that that G.Skill only guaranties 1000 at a specific bus frequency (333). Which seems to be strange, except they realized that some chipsets do not agree with certain frequencies and G.SKill 1000. They do not have the "warning" with their 1066. So I am getting those, they are only 30 bucks more and I still can RMA these for free

I agree with that. I suspect the divider too, because it works fine on all 1:1 setting like 4-4-4-12 at 374 and also the statement that that G.Skill only guaranties 1000 at a specific bus frequency (333). Which seems to be strange, except they realized that some chipsets do not agree with certain frequencies and G.SKill 1000. They do not have the "warning" with their 1066. So I am getting those, they are only 30 bucks more and I still can RMA these for free

You're missing the point. If your 1000's are unstable using that divider, then the 1066's will be unstable also. It's the divider causing your problem.

You're missing the point. If your 1000's are unstable using that divider, then the 1066's will be unstable also. It's the divider causing your problem.

I can see the point. But it might be possible that they use different chips/ configuration for their 1066 . I will find out in a few days .

A follow up on my story. I got the G.Skill 8500 this afternoon.
So far I run them at 356 (3.2 GHz) Ram 1068(2:3)5-5-5-15
377 (3.4 GHz) Ram 745(1:1)5-5-5-15

In between those 2 values it is only stable when if I go up with the bus has to go down with the divider: like if I go 377 and 1000 it will not even boot and I have to cmos. This shows for me that it is a combination of things whether the rig is stable or not. The memory in itself can be fine, the over clocked CPU too and combined in a certain motherboard they get "testy". But that is the adventure of the over clocking: nothing is certain till it is tested.
So for me this one works better then the G.Skill 8000.

Back