• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hehe, funny you mention it. I just got that pair today :)

So far, it hasn't started on fire. Haven't even touched overclocking.

EDIT: Might order another set....

I have two pair of these sticks. 8GB total. They run very cool and will run above their rated speed of 1000MHz. I've had mine as high as 1080MHz at the stock 2.0v, Orthos blend stable.

Last edited:
Great, thanks for the info guys. I was just curious because I have never used 2 gig sticks before. They should be here on Monday and then my CPU will be here on Tues, so I will let you know how well they work. Thanks again.

Those are what I used before I got the 1066 version. Mine would run 1000 just fine, but would not do 1066.

Just testing mine out here day 2 for these. Had em at 515fsb so far, no errors and they run cool.

Larry

Out of a sudden my RAM started working at 800Mhz and I can't find how to run them at 1000Mhz. Can someone help me please?
No intention to hijack metloafs thread I just wrote it here because any trouble with that RAM might prove useful to others here.

havnt got to oc'ing mine yet. changed voltage to its 2.0-2.1 rated and cranked the fsb to 500(lower multi) to check stock ram stability and was fine.

Last edited:
havnt got to oc'ing mine yet. changed voltage to its 2.0-2.1 rated and cranked the fsb to 500(lower multi) to check stock ram stability and was fine.

These sticks don't need 2.1v to run 1000MHz, in fact I've run 1080MHz on mine at 2.0v. 2.1v only adds more heat and potentially less stability. These aren't Micron IC's being used. More voltage isn't better.

Good stuff fellas, keep'em coming. Mine should be here tomorrow but I won't have the CPU here until Tues so I won't have a chance to play much with them yet.

netmask...what settings are you running it at that you are having problems? Latencies and voltage, FSB, ect? :beer:

The problem is that the ram was running @ 1000Mhz I turned off the PC and when I turned it on again the sticks were running @ 800Mhz. The modules settings and timings are set to default. The only thing that happened is that the electricity was cut for 10 minutes between the 2 times I boot the computer nothing else.

It almost sounds like you might have had something reset in your bios. But if you ran them at 1000 with default settings, then just change the settings by bumping the FSB back up in your bios to get 1000 manually. :beer:

I have those sticks too, but have a problem running anything above 888 . memtest 86+ and prime 95 runs fine , but I get reboots or memory dump failure
above that, even at the most relaxed timings.Customers at newegg reviews complaining about that get an answer from G.Skill referring to their manual which say in red:

NOTE: Enable to run at DDR2 1000, CPU FSB must use 333 MHz.

It seems to be an issue with the stability of different hardawre combination and some S.Gill Ram.
Their DDR 2 1066 does not show this massage. I propably will RMA the sticks and get the 1066 for 40 bucks more, except if anybody can suggest a better solution

I have those sticks too, but have a problem running anything above 888 . memtest 86+ and prime 95 runs fine , but I get reboots or memory dump failure
above that, even at the most relaxed timings.Customers at newegg reviews complaining about that get an answer from G.Skill referring to their manual which say in red:

NOTE: Enable to run at DDR2 1000, CPU FSB must use 333 MHz.

It seems to be an issue with the stability of different hardawre combination and some S.Gill Ram.
Their DDR 2 1066 does not show this massage. I propably will RMA the sticks and get the 1066 for 40 bucks more, except if anybody can suggest a better solution

It's got to be your motherboard or an incorrect setting. Settting the CPU FSB to 333 to get 1000MHz out of these stick is nonsense. My FSB will run 500MHz all day long with these sticks 1000MHz. What motherboard are you using?

FYI. I wouldn't trust NewEgg reviews if you were you. There are plenty of morons that post reviews that have no clue what their doing.

I tested my new pair last night, flawless in memtest at rated 2v, 1000mhz, 5-5-5-15. I also ran the test at 2v 756mhz 4-4-4-12 and they passed again :) Better than my 2GBHZ that these replaced :D

I use the system in my sig and that the quote is from G.Skill manual highlighted in red, indicating a possible problem. And yes a lot of ppl do not have it, I do and it runs without a problem with the indicated settings but going to 1: 1.25 and I have problems, go figure.

Back