• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best CPU water block?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
:welcome: to the forums!

We need a bit more info. Best block for what? The QX6800 in your sig?

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the Apogee, but there is another out there that I wanted to try but I can't remember the name :-/. Basically it has an input in the center that pushes the water to four corners...

:welcome: to the forums!

We need a bit more info. Best block for what? The QX6800 in your sig?

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the Apogee, but there is another out there that I wanted to try but I can't remember the name :-/. Basically it has an input in the center that pushes the water to four corners...

The Dtek Fuzion?

Yah I guess I shoulda put a bit more info down. Yes the 6800 is what I have now. But, I also want to get a bigger faster chip, maybe a 9650 or something, a little later this year. I just have the Thermaltake serpentine block that came with my kandalf LCS. Which by the way has performed way better than I though it would! I had it @4.2ghz-1.7v and no core got over 40 degs. That D-tek does seem to be the winner though doesn't it?

Welcome to O/C Forums! :welcome:

Yup, the Dtek Fuzion is the rage. The Apogee is also a great wb. Personally I like the Classic MCW6002 as I prefer the larger water channels and is less restrictive.

Just got a Swiftech Storm which I'll be using on my new 775 build:

DFI Blood Iron P35-T2RL
Xeon E3110
2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2 6400

Rad & pump will be from my rig in sig.

What radiator, pump will you be using? Going with a resevoir or "T" line?

Ive got the Thermaltake pump and res. that came with the case and a swiftech 355 running in parallel with the other pump. I also have/had(explanation to follow) TT M1 bay res. and flow meter. The M1 res. just cracked on me 'cuz I was using alcohol to clean the loop and it cracked the acrylic plates on the res. So right now it has been bi-passed until I can make some new copper endplates (I love working in a machine shop!). I know I won't be able to see the fluid level but the added copper sinks will keep things cooler,I hope. As soon as I took that res. out of the loop my temps went up 3 degs!

Attachments

• ZZ245.JPG
    ZZ245.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,821
  • ZZ247.JPG
    ZZ247.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,840
Verrry nice setup :thup: Yeah, I'm sure the Fuzion will do you just fine.
DTEK Fuzion .

I'm not too keen on the resevoirs as for some reason are prone to leaks and take up valuable space. Tho they are a great thing for filling/bleeding the system. They have their pros & cons. You should avoid adding anything else in the loop like flow meters and stuff like that. They will kill the flow and add more stress to the pump.

The rad looks very good so i'm sure it's up to the task of keeping things cool.

www.sidewindercomputers.com or www.petrastechshop.com have much better pricing and customer service than direct-from-manufacturers.

The Fuzion's only competition right now is Eddie's EK Supreme, which when tested, shows very similar temps in CPU-only loops. Be aware, however, that the Supreme has IMMENSE restriction, and therefore loses out to the Fuzion when more blocks/bigger radiators are introduced to the loop.

Despite what Nebulous likes to claim, the 6002 gets pwned by most modern blocks today :D

Despite what Nebulous likes to claim, the 6002 gets pwned by most modern blocks today :D

I never recommended the 6002 to him and i never claimed it to be the best. I stated what I personally like. Plz don't take my comments out of text.

Pwnage from newer/modern waterblocks is a given as the 6002 is several years old :rolleyes:

Easy now boys!!
We're all here to help.
Thank you all for your input. I think I may order a d-tek 2morrow.

The EK Supreme will beat a stock Fuzion by as much as 3-4 degrees in a CPU only loop.

I dunno. There's something about the fusion's construction that I like. The EK does seem like a solid contender. I know I can 4sure get the Fusion w/ nozzels here(in Canada) pretty cheap. Remember, no matter what anyone says - north of the border, selection on this kind of stuff is pretty limited. I know for a fact that I couldn't find either of these block over the counter anywhere in this province!

Back