• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E2160@ 3.6Ghz on air...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I picked this chip up about 2-3 weeks ago cause there were no 8400 avail... I am running at 3.2ghz right now at about 1.365 volts...my actual chip was 1.325 I think for the stock speed, was pretty impressed with what it pulled off, under full load I get 47-51C with orthos.

Nice, I'll be getting my E2180 this week or the next. Gonna push it with 1.6v, too. With the 10x multiplier, I might be able to push it a bit farther, without the chipset being as much of a limitation.

Also, a fancy cooler isn't really neccesary when taking these to new heights :p I've ran my P4 630 on 4.4GHz under just an AC Freezer 7 Pro, and that thing has got a TDP of about 140w on that speed. These end up with about 90w total power consumption on 3.6+GHz :p

I'm propably gonna laugh at how cold the CPU runs at stock under my GeminII.

i got my 2180 running at 3.0Ghz right now with low low volts. the issue im running into is heat. i dont understand. all these people have high over clocks and dumping ton of volts with no heat issue. me i dam neer get up to 60 on water now.

i got my 2180 running at 3.0Ghz right now with low low volts. the issue im running into is heat. i dont understand. all these people have high over clocks and dumping ton of volts with no heat issue. me i dam neer get up to 60 on water now.

I have a similar issue. My chip will push 3.8GHz no sweat, but I can't keep it from overheating and shutting down. (e2180) I know that I can hit 4GHz with it if I can keep it cool. I think that it's the IHS not making proper contact with my die, being that these are not soldered on, but just use a regular TIM. I'm reluctant to remove my IHS partly because I don't want to try to resolve issues with waterblock to die contact, and also because $ are being spent elsewhere and cannot be diverted to a new chip. :bang head

EDIT: Great OC on the 2160 btw. :D

true overclocking. theres an avatar around here somewhere that says my $80 CPU > then your $200 CPU

i think for a project im going to do something like this. :) good job man!

I have seen that avatar. Not really true though. Yes, the 2160 I had could do 3.4ghz with a lot of voltage. It was not as capable as a better chip as far as I can tell. My e6600 at 3.4ghz scores better benchmarks and can superPi faster (no system changes other than the cpu). These cpu's are great for OC bragging rights though :beer:

Back