• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

COD4 and Sniping Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Roofles

So I just got the ACOG scope for my m40. And I figured I would equip it... only to find out, I don't need to hold shift to steady myself anymore! ...Interesting I thought.

I have yet to run around with it enough to see if I like it this way or the old way, but it was an interesting development. Makes it more like the AWP now that I don't need to hold my breath and such.

My question goes out to you fellow snipz0rz. Do you prefer the ACOG scope or do you use the original setup? (plus iron lungs perhaps?)

I don't like the ACOG scope because you can't see as far with it. It basically turns the sniper rifles into a G3 or M14. The .50 cal with stopping power and iron lungs is probably my favorite way to snipe.

It's key on almost every other gun but not so much for sniper rifles.

Meh, I'd rather have the red dot for all my assault rifles. I'd consider the g3 plus acog to be pretty effective though. (I play hardcore, so g3 is one hit kill)

I'm still trying to test whether I like the m40 with the acog and not having to hold my breath (plus I can use deep impact instead of iron lungs) or having the normal scope + iron lungs...

I am making myself get used to the standard brick scope as I call it (standard one when you first start out. Because using the silencer makes me a lot more stealthy and more fun, and I love the way it sounds on the M4 teehee :D

Meh, I'd rather have the red dot for all my assault rifles. I'd consider the g3 plus acog to be pretty effective though. (I play hardcore, so g3 is one hit kill)

I'm still trying to test whether I like the m40 with the acog and not having to hold my breath (plus I can use deep impact instead of iron lungs) or having the normal scope + iron lungs...
Oh I was thinking that red dot & asog were the same thing.

The m40a3 with the acog has the quickest draw time, and it's basically a 1 hit kill.

The berrett is also nice, but it's loud as hell and has gigantic recoil.

If you're starting out sniping, try the dragunov. It's powerful, and a quick 2 shot burst will kill anybody.

You wanna have a fun time? Bind fire to mouse wheel up and down and slap a acog on a m21.

Personally I never really saw a point to sniping with anything else besides the r700. Well I guess on a hardcore server it's a different story, I just use a deagle for that.

The only other time I use a acog is when I'm fooling around and using a uzi or scorpion to get extra range from the hip (no I don't go down the sight with a acog on smgs).

The m40a3 with the acog has the quickest draw time, and it's basically a 1 hit kill.

The berrett is also nice, but it's loud as hell and has gigantic recoil.

If you're starting out sniping, try the dragunov. It's powerful, and a quick 2 shot burst will kill anybody.

I play hardcore, so all the snipers are one hit kills and the G3 is also a one hit kill. So G3 > Dragunov for obvious reasons like less recoil, not as great a range though, but still one hit kill. So I can see in this context [of hardcore] that the ACOG scope is pretty much worthless as I can get a quicker draw time out of any assault rifle plus nearly identical range. Where the snipers earn their mark is probably with the regular scope in my context but then using other perks to differentiate the class. Probably UAV jammer and Iron lungs...

I don't have the play time yet to pick up the Barret, but I know its pretty awesome...

I'm going to agree with the majority here. The ACOG is pretty much more trouble than it's worth on a sniper. And for some strnge reason, I prefer red-dot on ARs. But I'm weird, I guess.

I'm going to agree with the majority here. The ACOG is pretty much more trouble than it's worth on a sniper. And for some strnge reason, I prefer red-dot on ARs. But I'm weird, I guess.

I hate the ACOG on anything especially on sniper rifles or smgs.
I prefer the red-dot or iron-sights on all the guns.
The red-dot on the M14,G3,M16 is more effective than the ACOG, in my opinion.
I don't use the red-dot on smgs, shotguns, or the rpd.

Red Dot > ACOG on the medium range assault rifles hands down. I've yet to try my G3 + ACOG as I think that is a good match, but give me an m4 and red dot and I will destroy the other team.

ACOG is good on the M16 or M4 even because of their accuracy, but on the AK47 I use a silencer and on the G36C I use a red dot sight.

Back