• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quad core with crysis

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Give it some time. Alan Wake was supposed to utilize 4 cores, but I haven't heard anything about it in awhile.
o yes it will 30% more performance over dual core :) cant wait for that game =]

my crysis on 64-bit never crashed once and i play it all the time x64 + dx10 + Natural Mod = Best ever!

Well the majority of games don't support quad cores, and in the future probably won't either, it will just be more support for dual cores. The game industry programs for the mass of the people, not just the people who have very high performing machines.

There will be more dual core than quad core in the coming years, so yah maybe a few games will utilize all 4 cores but in the mean time, if all you do is game with the quad, you just have a processor that runs hotter than the dual cores but getting the Same performance out of it while gaming.

If you bought the quad for other things than gaming then that makes perfect sense.

But in the end games are just going to get more optimized for dual cores while they put the quad cores on the back burner until they become more mainstream.
Sure a select few games will support all 4 cores but not the majority.

When the new processors come out in early 09 or late 08 I'll be buying one of those suckas until then, my single core is doing just fine ^_^;;

Last edited:
Natural Mod... hmmm might have to get that.

http://crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=14195

Whats the Natural Mod?
great mod that i like using link posted above to it :)

crysis was suppose to utilize quad core but they lied...they said gaming on the quad was better than faster dual core lies! i bought a quad cause it was cheap n 3.6ghz was a breeze :) alan wake will be amazing physics on 1 core while other use something else in game....other games will soon ulitilze it :)

Na question is... is there a performance hit or gain from running the mod.

well i just installed new version so im on first level :)

TOD Settings are so great in this game, looks 100% better :p other levels look much better

crysis64200803241857289tx3.png

crysis64200803241903262uy3.jpg

crysis64200803241903304sx3.jpg

crysis64200803241903392qq9.jpg

Well the majority of games don't support quad cores, and in the future probably won't either, it will just be more support for dual cores. The game industry programs for the mass of the people, not just the people who have very high performing machines.

I disagree. The more developers gear their games to run on the latest hardware, then the more hype and popularity they get. It encourages people to buy the latest hardware, and therefore allows hardware developers, who sponsor game developers, do better. I predict that developers will start developing games to take advantage of the latest hardware, and be playable on the not-so-latest hardware, at the same time. This will mean that quad-core support will become popular in gaming in the near future.

I hope your right, I wouldn't mind buying a quad core or an 8 core or 16, whatever they throw at us as long as the game developers support it.

like the screens! I like how the shadows stretch a lot farther and how the light drowns out the object at the center.. It does look much better. What is that called HDR??

if that mod was any good though they would make even bigger alex boobs! jk I was reading the fakefactory lol

You can tell Crysis what core to use for Physics, so it can utilize a Quad somewhat even though optimized for only Dual. the cvar is worth a couple fps or so. I would post it but i am at work and the Baracuda blocks most Gaming sites or I would post it here. I will post it when I get home if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Back