• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quad core with crysis

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Red_LightRanger

I just built my new system and its laggin a bit on crysis high settings. Ive upgraded to a quad core, 8800gt, and 4 gigs of ram. Nothing is oc'd yet and im running vista 32bit. I also have the latest video drivers installed. Im cooling my quad with a TRUE as well. My 3d mark score is around 11,000 (does this seem ok)

Any suggestions?

get a 9800gx2 ?

you maybe have a bad *** computer, but crysis is hard even on the 8800gt, so over clock both and see how it goes.

I just built my new system and its laggin a bit on crysis high settings. Ive upgraded to a quad core, 8800gt, and 4 gigs of ram. Nothing is oc'd yet and im running vista 32bit. I also have the latest video drivers installed. Im cooling my quad with a TRUE as well. My 3d mark score is around 11,000 (does this seem ok)

Any suggestions?
It doesn't lag on my system and I went with ati :p

Any suggestions?

11k?

Should be 14k

Overclocked yet?

i play crysis on very high with natural mod and get around 20 fps with my 8800GT plays smooth enough for me to enjoy the graphics :) dx10 as well x64 too

11k non overclock seems about right i pull 14,700 on vista x64 overclocked :)

ya im not oc'd yet. I just wanted to get a base score.

Heres my specs:
6600 @ stock on TRUE
8800gt @stock
4gig mushkin mem
abit IP35-e
corsair 550w ps

I also heard that vista 64bit runs crysis much smoother, but I had a lot of problems with the wireless card driver, so I installed 32bit. I also tried to run the virtual address hotfix from microsoft, but it said it didnt apply to my system.

Get Windows xp 64 bit edition and read the guide to getting very high settings on XP. you will deffinatly increase in frames. Its sorta stupid how all these "new games" are like going to be locked parts on vista while they will perfrom better on xp. Vista is too bugged if u ask me

Ya i hear that vista does drop your performance a little, but i like it to be honest. Maybe I will give 64bit another try. Last time i had it installed i didnt run crysis, but I will give it another go.
I thought crysis was optimized for quads:confused:

You'll want 64-bit OS to use your memory properly.

If I could get 64-bit Crysis to work without crashing it would be nice haven't tried it since my reinstall, SP1 and new sound card so might have to try that. But overall Vista does run Crysis a bit slower.

My rig.. while yes its OC'ed it holds its own on Crysis but higher res's is basically out of the question if you want to run high/ultra high settings. I like my eye candy so I choose to downgrade my res.

Really you get 11k with your rig stock? I get 11.7k basically with my rig stock, and just over 14k OC'ed currently.

Crysis was suppose to be optimized for quads. But in beta at least it always was dual core optimized. It kept getting dragged out and I don't even think they released a "quad core optimized beta" before it went to retail. That sucked I know Crysis was a game I was going to get a quad for but after seeing no one getting any results from said game with quads, I said forget it.

damn crysis....Do you guys think that crysis runs slow on most rigs because its not optimized well, or do you think its because the graphics are way ahead of its time?? Either way i can run most other games on max settings so im pleased with this build.

Back