• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mdio1234

I was testing crysis in DX9 mode under Vista 32 bit and at one point the sound and mouse started lagging at the same time, and the HD led was on each time this happened, when I quit out to vista the issue persisted(mouse still lagging) and the sound effects in vista were all screwy. Do you guys have any insight as to what might have caused this, or what I can do to prevent this?
System Details:
XFX 8800GT extreme 512mb @ 640 mhz core clock
4gb ram 5-5-5-12 - Corsair XMS @ 800mhz
320gb Western Digital HD 16mb cache
Q6600 Core 2 Quad @ 2400mhz
Gigabyte P35 mobo - energy saver version
Antec 480 watt PSU
Sony DVD-RW
(I know this is ocforums but I have been putting off oc'ing this one until I clear up all issues)

no(i don't think memory is the issue), yes(except I used the disc that came with the mobo this time), and yes about two weeks ago

This only happened after you installed Crysis?
Have you updated Vista all the way?
I googled Crysis vista mouse lag and got this as well
make sure vsync is disabled, also - if using an nvidia card, use rivatuner and set the direct3d render ahead number to 1 - try 0 if still getting lag - this should help a lot.
I would test your memory just in case, its pretty simple
http://www.memtest.org/#downiso
Download ISO (I suggest version 1.7) and burn it onto a disc and then just reboot and boot from disc and it will check for memory errors.
Or do the same with a floopy

Back