• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My x3350 overclocking experience

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

Well, my L803B196 batch X3350 finally arrived today! Taking it out of the box I see the PCB numbers show 9A0813, which is according to the E3110 overclocking thread implies that it might be a good overclocker.

I may not be able to get it installed until late tonight, but I should start having some results by tomorrow. Can't wait to try it out.

Look forward to seeing some results, I had one on order then cancelled it 'cuase I picked up a Q6600 on e-bay (Batch L737...) . This will be my last attempt to OC a Q6600 to 4 GHz, if unsuccessfull I'll turm to the X3350.

This is the baby I want but I promised myself I would wait for Nehalen after buying my Q6600. Still I am VERY interested in seeing what these can do.

I got mine rig with this processor up and running with xp pro, need to do some reading on how to overclock I will post my results.

Well, my L803B196 batch X3350 finally arrived today! Taking it out of the box I see the PCB numbers show 9A0813, which is according to the E3110 overclocking thread implies that it might be a good overclocker.

I may not be able to get it installed until late tonight, but I should start having some results by tomorrow. Can't wait to try it out.

Those numbers are on the processor itself? Shute I installed one of those fans that are bolted to MB, I do not want to take everything apart to look for the numbers.

on the cpu retail box

Actually, the 9A0813 number is only on the PCB layer of the CPU. Let me see if I can find a pic...

Ok, this picture isn't mine, so I'm not hotlinking it, but it is on a photobucket account.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w42/v800adam/c2d2.jpg

At the bottom of the picture, there is a gap in the IHS. There are 2 numbers there. The bottom number, if the last 2 digits are ± 15 from 00, it is *possibly* a better overclocker. As in 85 -> 15 is the range you want to be in.

Now I don't know if this is true, but I'm working my way through overclocking a Q6600 at work where it ends in 02, and so far I'm at 3.42Ghz on Air at 1.26V actual under load. 1.32 idling. I'm running about 68°C with a ZEROtherm Nirvana on it.

Got it installed, and here are some baseline numbers:

xeon1.png

xeon2.png

Just so you know, I forgot to take the screen shot while Prime was running the first time, but I gave it about 20 minute and the temps were pretty close.

Also, the 601 BIOS on an Asus P5E will not recognize the CPU. It will boot though. 605 recognized the chip.

Actually, the 9A0813 number is only on the PCB layer of the CPU.
At the bottom of the picture, there is a gap in the IHS. There are 2 numbers there. The bottom number, if the last 2 digits are ± 15 from 00, it is *possibly* a better overclocker. As in 85 -> 15 is the range you want to be in.

Wafer number.

16-99 bad, 0-15 good.

Supposedly.

*Don't know if they changed it to include the lower 15 from 00 though.

Ok, here you go! Couldn't get it to boot at 450 at any voltage I was willing to go (1.44 set for 1.38/1.39 in BIOS). Got it to boot at 435 at this voltage.

THIS WAS ONLY ADJUSTING VCORE, NO OTHER SETTING OFF OF AUTO

xeon3.png

Back