• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for driver for a NIC Card with chip labeled "DL10030C"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Randyman...

Hello,

I am re-installing Win XP on my buddy's older AMD System. His onboard NIC died a while back, and he put in a cheap-o PCI NIC card. He lost the driver disk, and I didn't think finding a Driver would be a problem, so I wiped his XP install and started fresh. Now - I can't find any drivers for this card! I tried a handful of generic drivers from D-Link abnd Realtek, but no-go. The Device Manager has absolutely ZERO information to help me identify this card, and Windows can't even find a generic driver to use (Windows doesn't even know it is a NIC Card :mad: ).

The only identification is a chip labeled "DL10030C". After doing 2-3 hours of googling - it appears this *MIGHT* be a D-Link card, but nothing comes up on the DLink site with a search of "DL10030C". There is a S/N and another very long # on the card, but neither turned up any search results in Google.

Granted - I have an extra Realtek based 10/100 PCI NIC card I can give my buddy, but I'd prefer to simply find the correct driver for his card and keep my spare ;) ...

I'd be extremely greatful for any help here. I doubled his RAM, got him runing in Dual Channel mode (some guy on e-bay built this PC for him and put 2 sticks in the "B" channel slots :rolleyes: ), and will be completing the XP re-install tonight. He's going top love his "new" PC :)

Rock and Roll :attn:

Hello,

I am re-installing Win XP on my buddy's older AMD System. His onboard NIC died a while back, and he put in a cheap-o PCI NIC card. He lost the driver disk, and I didn't think finding a Driver would be a problem, so I wiped his XP install and started fresh. Now - I can't find any drivers for this card! I tried a handful of generic drivers from D-Link abnd Realtek, but no-go. The Device Manager has absolutely ZERO information to help me identify this card, and Windows can't even find a generic driver to use (Windows doesn't even know it is a NIC Card :mad: ).

The only identification is a chip labeled "DL10030C". After doing 2-3 hours of googling - it appears this *MIGHT* be a D-Link card, but nothing comes up on the DLink site with a search of "DL10030C". There is a S/N and another very long # on the card, but neither turned up any search results in Google.

Granted - I have an extra Realtek based 10/100 PCI NIC card I can give my buddy, but I'd prefer to simply find the correct driver for his card and keep my spare ;) ...

I'd be extremely greatful for any help here. I doubled his RAM, got him runing in Dual Channel mode (some guy on e-bay built this PC for him and put 2 sticks in the "B" channel slots :rolleyes: ), and will be completing the XP re-install tonight. He's going top love his "new" PC :)

Rock and Roll :attn:

I have done ALOT of XP installs, and aside from on board 10/100 NICs I have never seen XP have trouble finding a driver for a 10/100 NIC. I don't think it is worth your trouble to chase down a driver, I would just stick another 10/100 card in there and be done with it.

I'll probably give him my Realtek NIC since I'll be giving the PC back to him on Wednesday - BUT I'd like to find the driver for his card since this will now be my spare card, ya know :)

If only I knew this would have been a problem - I could have easily jotted down the model # from the device manager - but that XP installation is long gone now :( Stupid me! (or Stupid Windows - or stupid NIC - anything to pass the blame :p )

Thanks for the input. I'd LOVE to find a driver for this puppy :cool:

To be honest, I would not spend more than 20 minutes looking for a driver for it.

Brand new network cards are less than $30 and will perform better than some random card that may be 5 years old.

NIC with chip ID DL10030C

Did you ever find a driver for the NIC with chip ID DL10030C? I'm running into the same problem in refurbishing an old Gateway usning Win:cry:Millennium.

Did you ever find a driver for the NIC with chip ID DL10030C? I'm running into the same problem in refurbishing an old Gateway usning Win:cry:Millennium.
I found a thread on another forum that mentioned trying a Realtek driver located HERE.

:welcome: to the forums, by the way!

well, shoot that helped me some.
I have an old D-link and needed to pick the right drier for it for my *nix install, and it looks like I'm picking realtek next time.

Actually, this was some off-brand name that I forgot now. The Realtek drivers would not work in XP for some reason. My buddy actually found the original Driver CD! This was to little too late as I already gave him my other Realtek based NIC card. I have this one as a spare now...

I think this was a Dynex DX-E101 or something like that... Either way I didn't waste much time on this (I'll gladly spend 20 minutes to save $30, DorianBrytestar! I only make $28/hr as-is :eek: )

:cool:

userguy, I was in need of the driver and had too lost my disc, I was doing the search on the same things Randyman was with the same results. Thank you so much for the link.

just wanted to say thanks for the guys who followed up and "finished" the thread .. its nice to see threads that end with an answer or "fix" .. rather than having the op give up and change course or just let the thread die if he changed his mind to do/use something else.. more times than not when searching you come to threads that people are searching for an answer and its starts off good but ends with no solution .. so anyways ... just wanted to say thanks for your work !!

I searched online for this exact same unnamed NIC card, found this site and the broken links and ended up having WinXP automatically search for the driver. It found a generic, installed it, and it's working great. In computer manager it shows the card as "PCI NIC Adapter", driver provider is Circuit City, version 3.49.0.434 and dated 11/2/2005. Obviously it's old, but so is the pc I needed it on, so it worked out for me. I hope this helps someone.

Back