• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heat sinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi NEWBIE911, welcome to the Forum,
I'm sorry but for sure your Mobo isn't compatible with the HeatSInk Pal8045 (check it here) so I suppose that is the same with the Swiftech MC462A.

You can modify the heatsinks, however, to fit, as long as you have a hacksaw and vise. This does void the warranty, howver (how the hell are yo going to break a heatsink anyhow???)

I had to take the corner off my alpha to clear a capacitor.. I used a file. IT worked great.

soyo dragon and alpha 8045

Usually people will work around if it doesn't fit. In this case in the thread you've see people used files etc.

Before my slot computer died I had a Volcano 6cu+ I was planning to put on the slotket I had to cut down maybe 2-3cm because it was coming in contact with the chipset.

You can hacksaw or get a machine sandpaper thingy I don't know what it's called ;)

Back