Dedicated PCIex1 RAID controller vs. onboard RAID controller?

I got two Seagate 7200.11 500Gigs and consider buying this RocketRAID 2302 controller. Currently running them in raid 0 through the onboard ATI sata300 raid controller. Can I expect any real life performance boost buying a dedicated controller like this? The Highpoint controller and my disks support NCQ but I'm not sure my onboard controller does, havn't found much info about it. Any views?

10 Year Badge
    Generally the only time you need a stand alone raid card is when you want to offload everything off the CPU to the raid card. To do that the raid card must have hardware raid.

No real need to do that in a desktop environment. If you had to run a large database that was accessed constantly with lots of connections then you would want a stand alone raid card.
    Main System:.................................................. ......................Second System:
    DFI BloodIron P35-T2RL w/ Q6600 GO@ 3.2 (9x360), 1.4v....DFI Ultra-D w/Opteron 170 @ 2.7
    G.skill 4GB (2x2gb).................................................. ..............G.Skill Extreme 2GB (2x1gb)
    HIS 4850 680/1108.................................................. .............Nvidia 7600GT
    WD VRaptor 300gb/Seagate 1TB..........................................Raptor 74gb/Seagate 200gb
    OCZ GameXtreme 600SLI

10 Year Badge
    RAID0 and NCQ doesn't use much processing at all and NCQ isn't a benefit for most desktop users. Using an add-in card will make it easy to move the array to another PC, but you won't get any new found performance from it.
    Thermaltake V9 BlacX ][ XFX PRO650W ][ Gigabyte X58A-UD3R ][ i7 950@4.2ghz (21x200)
    Corsair A70 ][ Corsair XMS DDR3-1600 3x2GB ][ Gigabyte GTX660 Ti ][ 90GB OCZ Vertex 2
    2TB Hitachi 7K3000 ][ Asus 24B1ST DVD-RW ][ Asus Zonar STX ][ Tannoy 501a
    heat

Ok thanks guys. Should spend my money on other things then.