• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1680x1050 video card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anothermbdusted

i currently am running a 22" LCD monitor with 2 7800gt cards in it (see below signature)and would like to get something that i can max out all setting in games as much as possible. games like cod4 crysis HL2 and so forth. was thinking about a 8800gt but im not sure if its got the umph to do so. i think the resolution i have it set to is 1680x1050 (samsung 220wm) what cards would work for me?

an 8800gt will do fine. Look at my system in my singnature.
I can max out all games out there on very high, all AA, etc,
CoD4, HF2, TF2, BioShock, Gears of War, etc.

Only game that gave me issues was crysis which blows on all systems anyways so I didn't feel bad :)

I also have a 22" and I play at that rez.

i currently am running a 22" LCD monitor with 2 7800gt cards in it (see below signature)and would like to get something that i can max out all setting in games as much as possible. games like cod4 crysis HL2 and so forth. was thinking about a 8800gt but im not sure if its got the umph to do so. i think the resolution i have it set to is 1680x1050 (samsung 220wm) what cards would work for me?

HTH are you having problems running HL2 @ that resolution? on my old crt I can run 1920x1080 w/4xAA/16xAF and still get above 60fps avg. :confused:

an 8800gt will do fine. Look at my system in my singnature.
I can max out all games out there on very high, all AA, etc,
CoD4, HF2, TF2, BioShock, Gears of War, etc.

Only game that gave me issues was crysis which blows on all systems anyways so I didn't feel bad :)

I also have a 22" and I play at that rez.

+1 for 8800GT

I can run most games at 1920x1200 and can still manage to run at mid/high settings with 4x AA

so far the only game i have had any problems with is crysis and very minor cod4. I would keep them but the main reason to replace them is i like the direct x 10 3d stuff as i now have windows vista prem. i found a 8800 gts 640mb for a really good price so i might look into that more today

what video cards out there would compare to 2 7800gt's? i got a score of 6594 in 3dmark 06 with my sli enabled is this normal for this?

what video cards out there would compare to 2 7800gt's? i got a score of 6594 in 3dmark 06 with my sli enabled is this normal for this?

My single X1950Pro with 4200+ at stock got close to 6000. So it would compare to yours.

ga for the 8800gt i have by it myself and i love it so far i get 11800 3dmarks 06 and it runs like hell

well i think im going to wait for a little bit so i can trade it in when nvidia comes out with their new line up. i figure i got 90 days and their suppose to release them in what july so if i buy in a few weeks then ill be able to trade up with out any problems right? good old tax rebate will get me a good card to run with my new setup.i hope lol. just got my true so i need to OC a little more and ill be good

so will the new 4870 video cards coming out going to bottleneck my system?would it be better to get a x2 style one or a single version to run max details? i want to OC my cpu more but i keep getting memory dump bsod when i go beyond 3.2gig on my cpu and for the life of me i cant figure out what to do in this bios from dfi. i can get it to post in the bios for 3.6gig but wont load windows at all just hangs there and nothing more.

so will the new 4870 video cards coming out going to bottleneck my system?

There aren't really any tests out yet, but by the time it comes out the only cards that should outperform it are the gt200 line and the 4870x2, so don't expect it to be a bottleneck.. But only time will show, it is a good bet to wait, though..

Don't get the 8800GTS 640mb its slower then an 8800GT 512mb. Best single card for 1680x1050 imo is the 8800GTS 512mb, bit faster then an 8800GT.

ok now that the 4850 is out and the 4870 is on its way as the 4870x2 is coming what card would be best not to bottleneck my system but still play everything at max and be good for at least a year..?

i dont have a sli board or a crossfire board only a single slot and my biggest thing is if i got a x2 card will i be able to use it to its full potential or is it just going to be a waste and that i should just get myself a 4870 instead? and is 29fps very playable in a game?

i dont have a sli board or a crossfire board only a single slot and my biggest thing is if i got a x2 card will i be able to use it to its full potential or is it just going to be a waste and that i should just get myself a 4870 instead? and is 29fps very playable in a game?

personally I prefer 35 fps min. but its anyone's call here. the X2 will be a great solution for a single slot user

Back