• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm taking down the One-Click, So....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
Hi all... Most of you probably don't know me but I'm an old school folder that started back in the beginning.... I mean like circa end of '03.

So the One-Click that I made so long ago is still sitting on my web server and since they are from the older client and I'm no longer servicing any clients of my own (haven't been for well over a year or so), it's time to take them down.

Thus, if anyone wants any of those old installers, get them now, as I'm going to wipe the post I made, the links, and delete the files.

Good luck to Team 32!

Last edited:
Hi all... Most of you probably don't know me but I'm an old school folder that started back in the beginning.... I mean like circa end of '03.

So the One-Click that I made so long ago is still sitting on my web server and since they are from the older 5.02 client and I'm no longer servicing any clients of my own (haven't been for well over a year or so), it's time to take them down.

Thus, if anyone wants any of those old installers, get them now, as I'm going to wipe the post I made, the links, and delete the files.

Good luck to Team 32!

You'll still be around, right?

I guess its time to make a new sticky :D

wedo most of us should know you LOL

also woods could probably use some help about right now just check out his thread and that network install you had/have might help him.

glad to see you posted this for everyone to know whats going on tho if someone kinda rewrote it should we still need to call in wedo's one click hehe

I guess its time to make a new sticky :D

wedo most of us should know you LOL

also woods could probably use some help about right now just check out his thread and that network install you had/have might help him.

glad to see you posted this for everyone to know whats going on tho if someone kinda rewrote it should we still need to call in wedo's one click hehe
Muahaha, that old dude using a cane. I think my grandfather might have known him:santa:

So the One-Click that I made so long ago is still sitting on my web server and since they are from the older 5.02 client and I'm no longer servicing any clients of my own (haven't been for well over a year or so), it's time to take them down.

Good luck to Team 32!

Good to see you around though.

Yup... download them and feel free to rip them apart and rebuild with the current clients. I don't even know what I would use to help with the PS3 installs nor with any Vista clients.

When I began packaging the One-Click I used a program called "Astrum Installer". The package contained the following files:

Client.cfg
Srvany.exe ("Serve Any" which runs any program as a service)
sc.exe (Helps install/initiate the service)
URL2FILE.exe (A nifty program the will go out to the big WWW and download the FAH client as Stanford had issue with packaging their client into an installer.)

and lastly,

a .bat file which looked like this for a single install:

-----------------------------------------start--------------------

"Ins-Directory\URL2FILE.exe" http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/release/FAH504-Console.exe "Ins-Directory\FAH504-Console.exe"

copy "Setup-Directory\client.cfg" "Ins-Directory\" /y

sc create FAH binpath= "Ins-Directory\srvany.exe" type= own start= auto error= normal DisplayName= FAH obj= LocalSystem

sc start FAH

del "Ins-Directory\URL2FILE.exe"
del "Ins-Directory\Service-Install.bat"
-------------------------------- end--------------------------------

Here is an example of the dually install .bat file:

----------------------------------start------------------------------

"Ins-Directory\FAH\URL2FILE.exe" http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/release/FAH504-Console.exe "Ins-Directory\FAH\FAH504-Console.exe"

mkdir "Ins-Directory\FAH\FAH1"
mkdir "Ins-Directory\FAH\FAH2"

copy "Setup-Directory\client-1.cfg" "Ins-Directory\FAH\FAH1\client.cfg" /y
copy "Ins-Directory\FAH\FAH504-Console.exe" "Ins-Directory\FAH\FAH1\" /y
copy "Ins-Directory\FAH\srvany.exe" "Ins-Directory\FAH\FAH1\" /y

copy "Setup-Directory\client-2.cfg" "Ins-Directory\FAH\FAH2\client.cfg" /y
copy "Ins-Directory\FAH\FAH504-Console.exe" "Ins-Directory\FAH\FAH2\" /y
copy "Ins-Directory\FAH\srvany.exe" "Ins-Directory\FAH\FAH2\" /y

sc create FAH1 binpath= "Ins-Directory\FAH\FAH1\srvany.exe" type= own start= auto error= normal DisplayName= FAH1 obj= LocalSystem

sc start FAH1

sc create FAH2 binpath= "Ins-Directory\FAH\FAH2\srvany.exe" type= own start= auto error= normal DisplayName= FAH2 obj= LocalSystem

sc start FAH2

del "Ins-Directory\FAH\FAH504-Console.exe"
del "Ins-Directory\FAH\srvany.exe"
del "Ins-Directory\FAH\URL2FILE.exe"
------------------------------------------------ end-----------------------

The Quad just had more instances and then I did some custom installs for people who had specific directory needs etc.

That is the breakdown of what I did and how I did it...

Last edited:
I was going to say "and he is gone again" but I see this posted started today. Maybe Wedo is intending to come say hi a little more often?

Wedo who? :confused:

:D

Thank you Sir, for all you have done to bring the Team so far. :thup:

Please stay with us, as we have a long way to go yet.

:attn:
WII

I'll copy the files across tonight or tomorrow night, and ask Landshark nicely to link to the stuff.

WEDO. Your famous...we all know you:beer:...You named yourself after the Wedo one click in the stickies correct??:D

Thanks for building the Team.:beer:(and all the other old timers.)

Last edited:
I think I've got everything Wedo... and I hope things will stay mirrored somewhere.

Thank you for everything you've done for the Team over the years! :beer: A true Team 32 pioneer! :)

thfoldon.gif

i have been using it recently for some older rigs! better grab some copies!

i can mirrow the files likely... let me try to get em all!

Wow its gonna be weird not seeing those links anymore.How many time I downloaded those one clicks from you I can't even count!Thanks for making it so easy for us for so long Wedo :)

Hopefully someone els will indeed host them for us.

Don't be a stranger Wedo. Oh, and an early congrats on breaking 10 Million points!

I just want to add that the vast majority of my points have come from One-Click installs. I've got probably 40-50 machines still plugging along with the one-click, several still using the old 3.xx client.

:beer:

Thanks for all your help Wedo! I've been useing the one click since it was new. Helped me to borg a lot of systems and get started folding. Unfourtantly most all of them have been "retired" or just out of service. But I do have a couple machines still actively folding with it.

Back