• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thinking about RMA'ing my card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Special7

I have a 7900GT KO, when I use Vista (XP is fine) I get a black screen when I go to play a game. What card am I likely to recieve as a rma? I don't want a crap 8600GT which performs worse.

I wouldn't do an RAM yet as it doesn't sound like the card is faulty, sounds more like a vista driver issue. Have you the latest drivers?

I wouldn't do an RAM yet as it doesn't sound like the card is faulty, sounds more like a vista driver issue. Have you the latest drivers?

i agree.. it also might be a game issue. I have played a few games that dont want to work on vista.. are your drivers up to date? what games are you trying to play? if it works in xp and not vista, I would think its more a software/driver thing than the card.

XFX replaced my brother-in-law's dead 7900GT with an 8600GTS. The 8600GTS performs better than the 7900GT in some games, but worse in others. I complained a bit, but they had no sympathy.

i agree.. it also might be a game issue. I have played a few games that dont want to work on vista.. are your drivers up to date? what games are you trying to play? if it works in xp and not vista, I would think its more a software/driver thing than the card.

It's a very known issue 7900's have issues with Vista due to something in the hardware. I've tried all drivers from 6 months ago up to the most recent ones and no go on ANY game new or old.

Just wondering, do you need to use Vista? Could you not go back to XP and save all the hassel?

No, I install it every now and then to test my card so I am waiting until I get a new card to make the switch.

Back