• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista is lying to me???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

firejunior88

Hello all, another vista problem, imagine that....

I have Vista Home Premium, just reformatted my desktop with it. I just noticed upon doing updates and such, that the Network and Sharing Center says that I am not connected to the internet. I have a Linksys wireless card installed with the drivers (could the driver be the problem?) that connects directly to the wireless router.

I can get online just fine, but the Center says that I am not connected. I have the map that shows my computer connected to the router, but have the nice red X over the connection to the internet.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I could see if being an update or driver issue, or is it something stupid?

Thanks.

Is the connection working? Btw, try disconnecting and connecting manually via the retarded vista thingy that they force you to use. I had a problem a bit like that once and vista just insists on you using the vista software for the internet connections.

Ok, I will give that a try. I'm also currently installing SP1, so that might be a help. Hopefully...

Back