• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Minor instabilities oc'ed Q6600?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

troopertroop

Registered
Heey guys, like earlier posted, I managed only to oc my Q6600 to 3.0GHz due to my mobo! Here are the specs:

MSI P6N nForce 650i SLI V2
Q6600 C2Q @ 3.0 GHz G0-stepping
Tuniq Tower 120 CPU cooler
TakeMS 2 GB DDR2 RAM PC6400
2 x MSI NX8800GT 512mb OC (660/1950)
450GB HD
FSB: 1333 MHz
Multplier: 9x
Memory clock: 667 MHz
CPU VCore: +0,0250v
vram: 1,9v
NB: 1,275v
SB: 1,5v
FSB VTT core: 16%
PCI-e bus: 100

Any higher the system will randomly reboot...
But the problem now is some signs of still minor instabilities! I managed to pass prime95 for like 9 hours without error. But when I install programs I often got some copying/CRC errors. Also, when I play games, there are often sound issues + error's in the consoles. Especially playing Bioshock is a real pain, because the sound is all messed up when oc'ing. If I jump back to stock, all error's/issues disappear. Tried upping the VCore, NB + VRam variously with no difference. Also tried to run memtest with 100% passed.
Maybe I am not the only one?! Anyone can help? :beer:

crc errors = bad news.. you probably have some corrupted stuff laying around from failed oc's.. better start doing allot of scandisking , or possibly settle on a overclock you deem stable, then start with a fresh install of windows etc..

crc errors = bad news.. you probably have some corrupted stuff laying around from failed oc's.. better start doing allot of scandisking , or possibly settle on a overclock you deem stable, then start with a fresh install of windows etc..

The CRC errors are gone now, even on 3.0GHz but gaming is still not perfect... like sound issues I talked about!

Back