• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

COD 4 multiplayer challenges etc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jorisje123456

Just booted my computer this morning and wanted to play some more COD 4. Upon starting COD4 I'm asked to create a profile, like it's a first time start. I lost my levels, completed challenges etc.

Isn't there a way to adjust your local files to get this all back? Or how the hell did this happen in the first place?

Already tried system restore, didn't work..

Last edited:
Just booted my computer this morning and wanted to play some more COD 4. Upon starting COD4 I'm asked to create a profile, like it's a first time start. I lost my levels, completed challenges etc.

Isn't there a way to adjust your local files to get this all back? Or how the hell did this happen in the first place?

Already tried system restore, didn't work..

Did you get caught boosting or something?

You can alter the registry files of the game in order to get lvl 55 and the unlocks again. I got to lvl 55 and had most of the unlocks then got bored with the game and uninstalled it. I recently just reinstalled and followed the instructions on a website and it worked fine. Just search for COD4 lvl 55 registry mod and follow the instructions.

I like to know to. I had reinstall Vista lost my rank too.

So rank is stored locally and not online?

Joey

Yeah I realized rank wasn't linked to the cd-key when I installed COD4 on my laptop and my stats didn't follow me.

Yeah I think it was a really bad idea for COD4 to store the stats client-side. It kind of diminished the impact of the stats, unlocks, and achievements for me.

If you backup your 'players' folder in the activision directory and you use the same cd-key you can just drop the folder back in and still have your stuff. I back mine up every time I get a promotion.

Back