• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Think I need to lower my oc?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Special7

woalh0.png

Try to reset the processor if doesn't help consider upgrading the cooling or lower the V.
I doubt you will be sticking to that processor for years anymore so most likely won't die on you anyway.

It's a little hot for my taste but I had a 4400 running about those temps over 6 months before I finally got some WC on it and didn't have any problems ...

the vid in coretemp is the stock vcore of the cpu try running cpu-z to see if your voltage is around stock.

For stock that is too hot. I would reseat the heatsink and apply some new thermal paste. But as said above, unless you plan on keeping that processor for 5+ years then I wouldn't worry about it.

It's not stock, I'm running about 1.475v into it at 2.4GHz (240x10). Cooling is good also I have a Thermaltake Big Typhoon, I've never seen the temps get this high I'm thinking it's running like this because both cores are being used 100%.

Back