• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Froth

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How do i get rid of froth in my loop?

And also, how full should my res. be at all times?
Rez should be full enough so that air in the headspace isn't sucked back into the loop.

Froth takes time. You could shut down for a while to let the tiny froth bubbles coalesce into larger bubbles that come out better in the rez. Start up again for just a minute or so to keep what air there is in the system from getting churned up again by the pump. repeat......

how long has the loop been running? froth as you put it usually gets cleared after a few days of running the loop.

As far as your res, it depends on what kind it is. If its a 5.25 bay res then it should be full at all times. If its a tall res then it should have a couple inches over the barbs at all times.

I turned off my pump and added more coolant, its right close to the top now, and what do you know, after about 15 min of running it the loop started to clear, its now fully clear and running. Its coming up on the 24hour leak test mark, im going to put everything in @ 20hours (which is in 45 min)

Back