• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help building gaming rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shakka

Im not good with budget builds and usually end up spending around $2000, so what im asking is, what is a good gaming rig build for $1000 or less? My friends looking to get a new pc and im not sure of best rig under that cost. Thanks for suggestions.

If you want to upgrade his build a little more and get more gaming performance you could put in a 780i motherboard and add another 8800GT or use 8800GTS's.

$700-800 is sweet spot for a gaming rig right now IMO, put mine together a few months ago for about $750 CDN, very simmilar to OldSkools' really, could be done for even less these days, maybe $675 abouts.

Biggest deciding factor on what kind of parts to buy - what resolution will be used for gaming? More specificaly, whats the native res on his LCD, unless he uses a CRT.

Back