• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't turn down my 8600GTS fan, RivaTuner isn't applying??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rpoc

Registered
I'm Stumped all around,

I got the 8600GTS for my HTPC build, but the fan on the MSI NX8600GTS is just insanely loud. So I installed RivaTuner and tried to turn down the fan speed, but at 25% it didn't change anything, the fan was still spinning just as fast.

Since this is a htpc, i'd really like it to be silent, is there anything you can recomend for me to be able to turn down the gpu fan?

Thanks guys

Have you updated the driver? I have the same issue with my 9800gtx and it's a driver issue, at least for me.

rpoc, sorry if this insults you, but I know I've forgotten the simplest things many times and kicked myself for it. Did you click apply after moving the fan slider down?

Uninstall and re-install rivatuner, it happens sometimes especially if you change drivers or swap cards

Your Salvation - Not Really xD

This guys make a 7 head creature out of this...
Just search for "ASUS SmartDoctor", Install it and have fun speeding up and down the fan speed..

Back