• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

oc p3 650 with M748LMRT???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DéJà Vu

(pcChips M748LMRT) - oc p3 E 650???

hi guys,
1st thread here... hope able to get some info...

i have a mobo(M748LMRT) with p3 E 650, is it possible to oc this?? i know this board is OLD..! juz trying my luck...

and erm... is it better to get my BIOS updated?? cuz its a '97 version of American Megatrends...

lots of thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
I believe I worked on a system before with that board, and its a cruddy PC Chips board with no oc options, you best bet might be with some sort of software oc in windows.

JDXNC
hmmm... thought so... cuz i've tried changing the multiplier in BIOS, but it wont change... lower or increase... still stand at 650...
and what software do u mean? any specific 1??

Well the multi on P3's(well any Intel cpu newer than the very first P2) is locked anyway, so theres no changing that. You only option is raising the bus. You might try SetFSB or CPUFSB, those are probably your best bets. You still won't have any voltage control and any gains you do get will be very minimal, but its still fun to see what you can get out on old timer like that.

ic ic... thanks very much... for the fast reply... will try the software u suggested... just wanna try to overclock... xD
and the BIOS thing... do u think its good to update? or juz leave it..?

Back