• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Software to bleep out lyrics in a song?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Colton H

Well I have a school project and we can choose a song in our presentation. I have a song all picked out but they don't allow swear words due to school policies. I cannot find a radio edited version of my song so I was just wondering if there was some kind of software I can edit the song and maybe take out the bad word? If there is I would really appreciate it if someone would share some info on this, thank you.

I know of no software that does this automatically but Audacity is a free audio editor and should do the trick. Open the audio file in Audacity, outline the bad word, then use some sort of filter such as mute over the highlighted area.

Or a tape recorder...and just yell "BLEEP" when a swear word comes up.

Or...call your local radio station. When I was a DJ at a local station I would take songs...like "I got 5 on it" and re-edit them. I would also do this for the local high school cheerleader squads for thier songs. Take to the program director, let them know its for school, they might be able to help.

I don't think I was asking for a program to do it automatically but thank you all for the help!

Back