• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blood on video card...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Th3 F4ll3n P1mp

Disabled
I got a nice little puddle of blood onto my video card while my system was off. I didnt turn it on yet. How should I clean it/dry it? Dont ask how the blood got there...

A damp cloth or alcohol. Personally I wouldn't even bother to clean it ;) lol

use a noncorrosive/nonconductive cleaner like rubbing alcohol. Also when cleaning it make sure you don't use something prone to static buildup like a wool cloth.

*still trying to figure out how blood ends up on a video card*

You know by saying not ask. It means to ask, right... Now fess up.

Every computer I've built, I have bled into. If it's not a cut from installing things, the rotary jigsaw will definitely do it!

I've also cut myself in computers a few times. It's really bad when you have a cut that you don't even notice until there is blood everywhere.

If you want to be a Satanic Overclocker, you have to shed some blood over each component. It's also very important to mix some blood in with the AS5 when mounting the heat sink :D

Your own blood? All this time I've been doing the sacrificial virgin thing. You know how difficult it is to find new virgins with each component?

Leave it on there, adds character.

Probably joking, but do not leave it on there. :) I am with everyone on the isopropyl alcohol with a paper towel or equivalent.

I hate getting cut when I am just playing with nerd toys. Working on the car or motorcycle and getting some cuts it understandable, but I just hate explaining to people that I cut my self working on my geek toy.

bryan d

A nice Delta fan will also draw blood. The 120mm ones that does 220+ cfm is probably strong enough to turn a stick of carrot into baby food grade pudding.

Back