• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Processor upgrade suggestiongs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mbrady

I built my computer a few years back now and havent kept up on all the computer technology since, so im looking for suggestions from anyne that can help.

Im interested in upgrading my processor for $150 or less. I dont plan on overclocking this computer much, if any at all. I play world of warcraft a lot and have recently noticed some cpu lag with the use of more and more addons in the game. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and explinations on why you like particular products over others, so i can learn a bit more :)

Current system:
AMD 64 3200+ 939
A8N SLI
2gig ram
nvidia 7600gt

my thought would be to sell the motherboard,cpu,ram... then get a new AM2+ board/setup, if you cant find a faster 939 cpu on the bay...

I've just priced up a Phenom X3 system for around £401

AMD X3 8650 £103
Corsair TwinX 2GB DDR2 PC8500 £53
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM £55
OcUK 8800 GTS 320MB GDDR3 £96
SeaGate Barracuda 250GB SATA-II HDD £36

Just need a case and decent PSU which I've seen for £28 and 2 optical drives thats £30 it would be about about £305 but I couldnt resist the price of that 8800GT. I've got a buyer for my 939 rig below sold it for £300.

Back